Problems installing usb/midi interface driver

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.

Problems installing usb/midi interface driver

Postby supermel74 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:12 am

Edirol UM-1X: I had this up and running a few months ago but for some reason it isn't working anymore. When I try to run set up to install/reinstall I get this message setup.exe is not a valid Win32 application. Any suggestions?
supermel74

Gear: Korg ESX, iPad

Advertisement:

Postby Stab Frenzy » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:52 am

Is that the original file that's been on your computer for a while? If so it might be corrupted, try downloading the latest driver from the Edirol website. If it's a fresh download I'm not sure what it could be. Sometimes Windows drivers don't like it if there's an old version of themselves on the system, you might need to erase the old ones.
Stab Frenzy

Gear: Octatrack, Analog Four, Eurorack, Minibrute, Ultranova, many FX

Postby supermel74 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:20 am

Stab Frenzy wrote:Is that the original file that's been on your computer for a while? If so it might be corrupted, try downloading the latest driver from the Edirol website. If it's a fresh download I'm not sure what it could be. Sometimes Windows drivers don't like it if there's an old version of themselves on the system, you might need to erase the old ones.
It's a fresh download but the old one might still be on there. I'll see if I can find it and get rid of it. Thanks.
supermel74

Postby Stab Frenzy » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:35 am

You might also want to see if you can find another place to download the new one from, it could be corrupted on the server you're downloading it from. Could be worth looking at Edirol Japan or Europe's website.
Stab Frenzy

Gear: Octatrack, Analog Four, Eurorack, Minibrute, Ultranova, many FX

Postby supermel74 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:38 am

Stab Frenzy wrote:You might also want to see if you can find another place to download the new one from, it could be corrupted on the server you're downloading it from. Could be worth looking at Edirol Japan or Europe's website.
Cool, I'll try that too.
supermel74

Postby supermel74 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:11 am

Stab Frenzy wrote:You might also want to see if you can find another place to download the new one from, it could be corrupted on the server you're downloading it from. Could be worth looking at Edirol Japan or Europe's website.
That was it I think. I don't know where I got the first driver from, it was a Roland site but not RolandUS I guess. I got the new driver from RolandUS and it's working great. I appreciate your help. Thanks.
supermel74

Return to Software Synthesizers