Reaktor 5 worth it?

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.

Postby spr » Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:07 pm

There are many, many fantastic drum machines with built in sequencers. And you can attach sequencers to samplers if you like. Or just program MIDI into your sequencer with something like Memory Drum 2, like you would with Battery or Kontakt.
Virus C, Nord Modular, Juno 106, Korg MS2000R, D-550/PG-1000, Casio SK-1, Electrix Filter Factory, Lexicon MPX1, JD-990 w/Vintage Exp, Apogee Mini-Me, RME Multiface/PCI, UAD-1, Powercore Firewire, Cubase SX 3, Kontakt 2, Reaktor 5, Absynth 4, Battery 3
spr

Advertisement:

Postby ThinkTanx » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:27 pm

JSRockit wrote:How are the drum machines with built in sequencers?

I really like the drum machines, particularly, Sinebeats and Massive. Massive is half sample-based, half drum-synth, so you can really get whatever you want out of it (ie. what you put in, is what you get out...). It's also got grain resynthesis, filters, envelopes, mod sequencers, etc. SineBeats is a relatively simple four-track drum synth. 3 osc's, 1 noise, 2 fx tracks w/ their own mod sequencers. I always seem to get cool shit when I program SineBeats, think Mum or Autechre-type stuff.
Last edited by ThinkTanx on Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
ThinkTanx

Gear: Elektron MnM SFX-6, MD UW MkII * Virus TI * Moog Voyager S.E. * Lemur * Ableton, FM8, Massive, FAW Circle * Distressors, Great River * Genelec 8050A

Postby MarkM » Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:43 am

Massive (the sample/sequencer, not the new mega soft synth) is really fantastic. I absolutely love that synth. Great for glitchy or any other style of sequenced samples. That synth alone is worth the price of Reaktor.
MarkM

Postby Caregiver » Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:00 pm

Not a whole lot here I can add, but Reaktor is fantastic and yes, I think it's worth the money. I'm personally just beginning to scratch the surfact of what it will do, but one thing is for sure, the synths are absolutely amazing.
Caregiver

Postby chamomileshark » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:15 pm

I'm not sure that Reaktor really has it's own sound, I used to think so but some of the new stuff built sounds somehow different. I don't use the standard synths much but the experimental stuff, the texture creators and effects make it worth while.
chamomileshark

Gear: Wiard 300 Series Modular, Frac Modular, Roland SH2 + SH101 +U20, Yamaha DX9, Microwave 1, Roland SVC-350, Virus B, and too many soft synths

Postby MrHope » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:48 am

spr wrote:Here's some Reaktor 5 in action. This is exclusively programmed in a little synth called Oki Computer 2(which is kind of a SID chip emu), with no effects applied.
http://www.reaktions.com/compilations/m ... n-7819.mp3

These are also some older pieces that heavily feature Reaktor.
http://www.shawnprussell.com/media/catalyst.mp3
http://www.shawnprussell.com/media/Blac ... 20Rain.mp3

These examples are by no means supposed to display the full range of Reaktor's possibilities though! Hopefully it will be helpful to hear stuff in musical context.
Shawn

Shawn your songs are excellent! Very high quality building and developing. Nice harmony. Very professional.

I don't know much about Reaktor, except that Bluetech uses it as his main workhorse, and I like his music. I think Shulman uses it too.
MrHope
No Longer Registered

Previous

Return to Software Synthesizers