help with reason sampler please...

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.

help with reason sampler please...

Postby code green » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:29 pm

hi all--perhaps this belongs in the sampler forum or help....but the band i just joined has their sampled sounds in reason and i am at a loss as to how to adjust the playback volume of individual samples in the same sample file: e.g., want the sample assigned to key C2 to play at level x, while the sample assigned to key D2 to play at x+2

anyone? i know it must be something ridiculously obvious but i have yet to discover it....many thanks, eric
code green

Gear: prophet 600/evolver/juno 6/alpha juno 2/bassst'n/crumar performer/jv1010/suitcase rhodes 73/ '78 gibson l6-s/'73 guild mahogany/'69 fender princeton
Band: thermite zapruder

Advertisement:

Postby kk994 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:49 pm

In the NNXT edit window select the sample/keyzone you want to adjust. When you hightlight a particular sample/keyzone all the controls in the NNXT edit window relate to just that sample. Then down in the bottom right there is a level knob that allows you to adjust the level.
kk994

Postby code green » Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:51 am

kk994 wrote:In the NNXT edit window select the sample/keyzone you want to adjust. When you hightlight a particular sample/keyzone all the controls in the NNXT edit window relate to just that sample. Then down in the bottom right there is a level knob that allows you to adjust the level.

thanks a lot for the reply, kk...i found that one but thought it may apply to the amp envelope level--seemed to affect the sound itself as well as the volume but maybe i was just hearing things. anyway, thank you.

e
code green

Gear: prophet 600/evolver/juno 6/alpha juno 2/bassst'n/crumar performer/jv1010/suitcase rhodes 73/ '78 gibson l6-s/'73 guild mahogany/'69 fender princeton
Band: thermite zapruder

Postby kk994 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:49 am

code green wrote:
kk994 wrote:In the NNXT edit window select the sample/keyzone you want to adjust. When you hightlight a particular sample/keyzone all the controls in the NNXT edit window relate to just that sample. Then down in the bottom right there is a level knob that allows you to adjust the level.

thanks a lot for the reply, kk...i found that one but thought it may apply to the amp envelope level--seemed to affect the sound itself as well as the volume but maybe i was just hearing things. anyway, thank you.

e

It will turn up whatever sample is in that keyzone. If that keyzone is stretched over a few octaves will then the sample will be turned up over those octaves... Not sure if that helps... do you have a seperate sample for every key or is it just one big keyzone.

Are you talking about velocity sensitivity... Select and highlight the Keyzones you want to be sensitive to velocity and then go to the Velocity setting to middle left of the NNXT edit window and turn up the LEVEL knob... The keyzones you selected now respond to how hard you hit the keyboard.
kk994

Return to Software Synthesizers