Is anyone else having issues with Native Instruments' sale?

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.

Is anyone else having issues with Native Instruments' sale?

Postby 101 Force » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:16 pm

I'm really just typing this to get my frustrations off of my chest, but in the off chance anyone can offer any help or insight it would be appreciated.

Like many of you, I decided to take advantage of the recent 50% of sale held by Native Instruments. I placed an order for two items, entered in my credit card information, and got a message indicating the address I entered didn't match the results in their address verification system, and that the order had to be completed manually. I live in an apartment building, so this really isn't a surprise as formatting differences regarding the suite number are common. That was two days ago, at which time I was provided with a ticket number of XXXXXXXXXXX03135 for the problem.

Yesterday, after having not heard back from them at all, I phoned them during the business hours listed on their website. After waiting on hold for about 45 minutes I was met with a message that essentially stated they were really busy and to call back later, and then the call disconnected. At the time the call disconnected it was still during their business hours. I decided to fire them an e-mail explaining my situation, and I received an automated response indicating my e-mail had been assigned a ticket number of XXXXXXXXXXX14285.

Of course my primary concern is that I'll somehow lose the 50% discount by the time this issue is resolved, or that my issue will simply be forgotten. Having said that, it seems as though Native Instruments needs to work on their public relations a little as well.

1. Given a difference of 11150 between the two ticket numbers I was assigned, approximately 24-hours apart, obviously Native Instruments is being bombarded with problems during the success of their 50% off sale. Perhaps it would have been in their best interest to hire a few additional staff, at least temporarily, to man the phones during this time so their permanent employees can focus on technical problems?

2. The Native Instrument forums are down at the moment, but Google search results do suggest a few complaints regarding purchasing problems toward the beginning of this sale were raised there. Pulling the boards, or allowing them to go down, at a time like this really just adds more fuel to the fire.

3. The total lack of a communication from Native Instruments acknowledging their large quantity of sale problems is a little troubling. An acknowledgment and assurance the issues are being worked on would go a long way, not to mention an ETA as well.

4. Allowing me to wait on hold for 45 minutes and then forcibly disconnecting my call is really upsetting. I should have gotten the message to call back later at the beginning of my call, because now I just feel like I wasted time on hold for a figurative slap in the face.

5. On an unrelated note: what's up with the download and physically mailed versions of products having the same cost? One would expect a (minor) discount for the former. I'm happy with a 50% discount, and really couldn't ask for more in terms of price, but it's just one of those things that strikes me as somewhat odd.

I'm pleased with the success of the Native Instruments sale, as it's great for the company, but their lack of public relations leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.

For those of you read my rant this far, I appreciate it. Here is something for your troubles. According to rumours these guys are planning on having discounts and new products released on each day in December of this year, with some products, some of which will be free, will only be offered only once as a result.
Last edited by 101 Force on Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gear for sale here (Updated: 06/27/2011).
101 Force

Re: Is anyone else having issues with Native Instruments' sa

Postby griffin avid » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:06 am

public relations...or do your mean customer service?
At any rate, I feel your pain. I went to download a package and it says Server Timed Out.
Congrats to them for having such a massive [no pun intended] interest, but it stinks for us.
I'm sure they'll sort this out since they are one of the more understanding companies.

They'll probably extend the sale to to accommodate those that couldn't get through.
You gotta sort of expect something like this since all their packages are multiple Gigs in size.

On a tangent I've bought two games using the Valve STEAM system that won't let me start the games.
STEAM is a sort of librarian app that authorizes/patches/updates and ultimately manages all the games under the STEAM license. It's obviously a 'phone home' protection scheme that really blows.

So it's been a month of reading tech notes, bad advice on forums, tons of message boards with lots of similar stories and no real fix. I've been back and forth with their email tech support (3 days between responses)- I sent them all kinds of info about my rig and tried all sorts of ways, but no. It even takes over store-bought games and stops them from launching. I've had to shut down every background service and remove every anti-virus/protection app on my system (WTF) and still no go.
Music Product: Better Sounds for Beats http://www.StudioAVX.com
Music Production: Resources and Research http://www.ProducersEdgeMagazine.com
Music Produced: Abstract Hip Hop Sci-Fi: http://www.TheDynamicUniverse.com
griffin avid
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Postby 101 Force » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:39 am

Ha ha, yeah, I mean customer service. I work in an office environment that is heavily centered around public relations during the day, and was at the time I typed that message, so I guess I just had it on my mind.

I didn't even think about how the excessive downloading of multi-gigabyte software as a result of this sale was probably causing technical problems. While that doesn't excuse some of my complaints, it certainly explains a few of them. I think however it's mostly the terrible phone system and the lack of acknowledging their problems publicly that annoys me the most.

Regarding your Steam issues, that's really surprising. Generally speaking Valve and the Steam team tend to have a really good reputation, so I'm surprised to hear they haven't been more helpful. That definitely sucks. Not to get off-topic, but what games are giving you these troubles?
Gear for sale here (Updated: 06/27/2011).
101 Force

Postby griffin avid » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:01 am

My friend was over with his X-Box and showing me all kinds of new games so I caught the bug and wanted to play games again. I just finished Mass Effect 2 and was going to replay Half Life 2 Episode 1 and playing Lost Coast before I tackled Episode II. So I picked up two new games plus that puzzle grav-gun add-on. My Half life 2 is the boxed version and that won't load either.

I want to get Lost Planet, but it uses the STEAM engine so I'll wait until this issue is sorted before I plunk down any change.
Music Product: Better Sounds for Beats http://www.StudioAVX.com
Music Production: Resources and Research http://www.ProducersEdgeMagazine.com
Music Produced: Abstract Hip Hop Sci-Fi: http://www.TheDynamicUniverse.com
griffin avid
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Postby Computer Controlled » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:04 am

OFFER EXTENDED BY ONE DAY - NOW ENDING NOV. 30! The incredibly high demand for this offer caused high traffic on our website, resulting in some customers being unable to complete their order. To apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused, we have extended the offer until November 30, so everybody has the chance to benefit from this special.
Synths:
Avalon Bassline . TB-03 . JU-06 . MX-1 . Blofeld . MicroMonsta . Akai S5000
Drum Machines:
TR-09 . TR-8
Computer Controlled

Gear: SH-101 . TB-3 . TR-8 . Juno-1 w/PG-300 . TT-303 . Korg ES2 . Beatstep Pro . Pioneer RMX-500
Band: Computer Controlled

Return to Software Synthesizers