Steinberg Rebirth One

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.

Steinberg Rebirth One

Postby D-Collector » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:07 pm

I was surfing for some drum sample related stuff and by accident came about a picture of an lesser known version of rebirth, called Rebirth One. I was a little intrigued by the different look and tried googling, yahooing and altavista-ing, but information about this version is strangely almost non-existant on the internet. Then I checked archive.org and found Propellerheads 1999 website. It said Rebirth One was kind of a lite version sold by Steinberg.

It took a lot of time and patience, but I managed to find the program. It has the two 303s (they actually have the proper silver texture of real 303s, unlike the RB338 version), and only one drum module called DR.ONE that is laid out like the 808, but has a more modern visual style. The drum sounds are 909 stuff! There are only 2 effects, delay and distortion. Gone are compression and PCF. There is no way to load user mods in this version.

I really like it! It is like they took RB338, stripped it down to a raw, no-nonsense version with a clean and more appealing UI. It forces you to be creative, and I personally prefer having only 1 drum module to deal with. Check out the demo tunes, they are excellent!

Now that propellerhead gives away Rebirth RB338 2.0 for free, I see no harm in uploading this long forgotten version for you. It works fine in XP but in windows 7 it quits right away for some reason. For setup, check the readme file.

http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=f7aaa7e0f6f136b090a43dde2c9e0d73
(Click the yellow download button on the bottom left side, after the wait)

Last edited by D-Collector on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
D-Collector
Expert Member
Expert Member

Advertisement:

Re: Steinberg Rebirth One

Postby elsongs » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:29 am

D-Collector wrote:
Now that propellerhead gives away Rebirth RB338 2.0 for free, I see no harm in uploading this long forgotten version for you. Good software shall not be forgotten. It works fine in XP but in windows 7 it quits right away for some reason. For setup, check the readme file.
http://www.filedropper.com/steinbergrebirthonesetup_1

Thats interesting! I still have my setup file for the free Rebirth, though I had that running in XP. I now have Win 7 x64, on my desktop DAW, so I'm a little worried whether it'll work or not.

I'm kinda bummed that Propellerhead dumped Rebirth (aside from the IOS version); I have a Mac Book Pro laptop now and none of their Rebirth versions will run on the latest OSX machines. :(
elsongs

Postby tekkentool » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:37 am

D16's phopsycon sounds better anyway...There's no real reason to go with this over that...
tekkentool
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: Lasers (ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ωส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้)
Band: none currently

Postby meatballfulton » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:46 pm

tekkentool wrote:There's no real reason to go with this over that...

Hmm, it's free and includes a drum machine? :?

P.S. that link sent me to a screen asking me to sign up. Just saying... :lazy:
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.
meatballfulton

Gear: Motif XF6, Evolver, Live 9

Postby D-Collector » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:42 am

meatballfulton wrote:
tekkentool wrote:There's no real reason to go with this over that...

Hmm, it's free and includes a drum machine? :?

P.S. that link sent me to a screen asking me to sign up. Just saying... :lazy:

Sorry, I will fix it. The link expires when no one downloads.. Free service you know.
D-Collector
Expert Member
Expert Member

Return to Software Synthesizers