Favorite IOS Synths

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.

Re: Favorite IOS Synths

Postby cowbell » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:06 pm

Another vote for Wavemapper (and Wavegenerator)
https://soundcloud.com/wavetables/ppg-w ... stom-sound
cowbell
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 1:53 pm

Advertisement:

Re: Favorite IOS Synths

Postby GuyaGuy » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:47 pm

cowbell wrote:Another vote for Wavemapper (and Wavegenerator)
https://soundcloud.com/wavetables/ppg-w ... stom-sound


What are the main differences? I've read about the Mapper but it doesn't seem to different from the Generator.
User avatar
GuyaGuy
VSE Review Contributor
VSE Review Contributor
 
Posts: 1547
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:10 am
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Gear: YES PLEASE!

Re: Favorite IOS Synths

Postby Allthesound » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:28 pm

GuyaGuy wrote:
cowbell wrote:Another vote for Wavemapper (and Wavegenerator)
https://soundcloud.com/wavetables/ppg-w ... stom-sound


What are the main differences? I've read about the Mapper but it doesn't seem to different from the Generator.


I'm curious about that too I almost bought one of them today but wasn't sure which to get.
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Allthesound
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:23 am
Gear: Fatar Midi Controller & Ipad 3 with all available IOS Synths.

Re: Favorite IOS Synths

Postby cowbell » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:30 pm

They have a similar synth-engine and sounds created with Wavegenerator can be opened in Wavemapper (not the other way around at the moment).
With Wavegenerator it's possible to edit every single wave within a table by drawing and spectrum adjusting.
Plus it provides detailed control over the path of the wavetable. Also it's possible to transform a picture into a wavetable but I never use that.

Wavemapper with the mapper-window provides a nice way for everyone to easily create new sounds. This gives great results combined with the random button. It has the option of importing user samples to ceate wavetables and TCS files. This gives it a wider sound spectrum.

Overall I'd say Mapper is the app people should try first.

Wolfgang Palm has specs of both apps on his site, plus manuals ;)
http://wolfgangpalm.com/?page_id=774
cowbell
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 1:53 pm

Re: Favorite IOS Synths

Postby GuyaGuy » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:39 am

Cool, thanks. Seems like Mapper is a more complex engine so I'll probably go for that one.
User avatar
GuyaGuy
VSE Review Contributor
VSE Review Contributor
 
Posts: 1547
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:10 am
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Gear: YES PLEASE!

Re: Favorite IOS Synths

Postby Romannis1972 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:52 pm

Mellotronics 3000
Arctic Keys
NanoStudio (amazing!)

EDIT:
Loving the iPolySix and iMS-20.
Romannis1972
Junior Member
Junior Member
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:44 pm
Location: Granite Falls, NC
Real name: Chad
Gear: Alesis QS7.1 & Micron, Roland RS-70, Korg EX-800, Crumar DS-2, Kawai SX-240, Virus A, iPad running Korg, Moog, PPG, NanoStudio and Sunrizer
Band: Romannis Mötte

Re: Favorite IOS Synths

Postby Romannis1972 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:28 pm

Rather than re-edit my last post, with NanoStudio, the synth engine (Eden Synth) you have the ability to modulate the rate of one LFO with another, kinda like a modular. PLUS you can import your own wav files and use them as voices in the synth/drumpads. It's quite confusing at first but I think it kills Fruity Loops! Many different and infinite possibilities...
Romannis1972
Junior Member
Junior Member
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:44 pm
Location: Granite Falls, NC
Real name: Chad
Gear: Alesis QS7.1 & Micron, Roland RS-70, Korg EX-800, Crumar DS-2, Kawai SX-240, Virus A, iPad running Korg, Moog, PPG, NanoStudio and Sunrizer
Band: Romannis Mötte

Re: Favorite IOS Synths

Postby Allthesound » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:36 pm

cowbell wrote:They have a similar synth-engine and sounds created with Wavegenerator can be opened in Wavemapper (not the other way around at the moment).
With Wavegenerator it's possible to edit every single wave within a table by drawing and spectrum adjusting.
Plus it provides detailed control over the path of the wavetable. Also it's possible to transform a picture into a wavetable but I never use that.

Wavemapper with the mapper-window provides a nice way for everyone to easily create new sounds. This gives great results combined with the random button. It has the option of importing user samples to ceate wavetables and TCS files. This gives it a wider sound spectrum.

Overall I'd say Mapper is the app people should try first.

Wolfgang Palm has specs of both apps on his site, plus manuals ;)
http://wolfgangpalm.com/?page_id=774




I couldn't decide which one would interest me more so i got both yesterday. I'm really impressed with both of them so far, but one thing i was hoping to be able to do was have them both running so i could layer two sounds but they dont seem to be able to produce sound at the same time Am i missing something? I guess i just assumed if a app is audiobus capable it would be able to. I still have so much to learn.
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Allthesound
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:23 am
Gear: Fatar Midi Controller & Ipad 3 with all available IOS Synths.

Re: Favorite IOS Synths

Postby cowbell » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:07 am

^^ i've just tested that by playing both at the same time with Little Midi Machine sequencer. Worked fine.
Make sure you have "Audio mix" turned On in setup.

I also setup WapeMapper keys to play both internal and WaveGenerator. This is buggy. Weird things happen, for instance: adjusting Mapper oscillator volumes affects Generator's Oscillators. Perhaps caused by CC messages.
cowbell
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 1:53 pm

Previous

Return to Software Synthesizers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests