TRAKTOR DJ out now: The pro DJ app for iPad

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.

TRAKTOR DJ out now: The pro DJ app for iPad

Postby griffin avid » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:02 pm

Source: http://www.native-instruments.com/en/pr ... ntent=2399
I think this is a game changer (and I HATE that phrase)

TOUCH THE GROOVE
TRAKTOR DJ is the world’s first professional DJ software for iOS. Use familiar hand gestures to perform powerful, truly hands-on sets on your iPad.

Revolutionary, easy to use DJ mixing application
Touch the groove using standard iOS hand gestures
Prepare and sync with Traktor Pro 2

TRAKTOR DJ brings the leading pro DJ software to iOS with an intuitive app for instant, high-impact DJ sets. Create mixes in seconds – put your hands directly on beautiful waveforms and manipulate them using gestures you already know.

Auto tempo detection makes track syncing effortless while iTunes integration turns your library into a virtual crate to dig through – TRAKTOR PRO’s acclaimed sync engine keeps tracks locked together so mixes hit hard. TRAKTOR DJ also syncs effortlessly toTRAKTOR PRO 2, allowing you to share essential track data – beat grids, BPM counts, and cue points.

This isn’t just an app, this is the most tactile way to get TRAKTOR power to date!

TRAKTOR DJ is available at the iTunes App Store for $19.99 / 17,99 €

BUY NOW

Requires iOS 6 or higher, iPad 2 or later, or iPad mini. 500 MB free storage/disk space recommended.
-----------------
Intuitively manipulate waveforms with familiar swipe and pinch gestures. Look inside your music with waveforms that display energy levels, breakdowns, and basslines. Grab the waveform with two fingers and set a loop with a simple two-finger gesture, and punch out with a quick two-finger tap.

Activate Freeze Mode to slice a track into playable parts and remix it on the fly. Set cue points, scrub, browse and navigate TRAKTOR DJ just like you would with TRAKTOR – with the touch of your finger.
---------------------------------------
Create stunning, professional mixes from a single intuitive interface with TRAKTOR DJ’s 2-channel mixer and two fully-featured virtual decks – each with dedicated 3-band EQ and filter sections.

Eight professional DJ effects add powerful options for breakdowns, buildups and seamless transitions. TRAKTOR DJ also recommends songs in your iTunes library based on the tempo and key of the tracks you’re playing, ensuring the smoothest transitions possible.

Created by the same company that revolutionized digital DJing, TRAKTOR DJ strikes a perfect balance – completely easy to use, but powerful enough to be a mobile DJ solution for even the biggest DJs. Use the Notification Center to access tips, techniques and undiscovered features smoothly from within the app.

Connect TRAKTOR DJ to TRAKTOR PRO 2 on your computer. Add up to eight cue points to newly imported tracks, and fine-tune beat grids and BPM count, then sync simply and easily via Dropbox. Everything you do syncs perfectly with TRAKTOR PRO 2 and vice versa.

MORE GENERAL VIDEOS ON THEIR SITE, but I couldn't link properly so this one from their youtube channel....
Watch on youtube.com
Music Product: Better Sounds for Beats http://www.StudioAVX.com
Music Production: Resources and Research http://www.ProducersEdgeMagazine.com
Music Produced: Abstract Hip Hop Sci-Fi: http://www.TheDynamicUniverse.com
griffin avid
Expert Member
Expert Member

Advertisement:

Re: TRAKTOR DJ out now: The pro DJ app for iPad

Postby Hugo76 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:57 am

Oh, I might just have to consider this one! :D Thanks for the heads up

edit: I see Richie Hawtin vouches for it - that's all I need to know ;)
Hugo76
Expert Member
Expert Member

Return to Software Synthesizers