Korgwavestation editor?

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.

Korgwavestation editor?

Postby electro funker » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:40 pm

I have been searching the net for a long time, for a freeware editor which can be used for controlling my wavestation SR. I don't care if it is a Max/Msp patch or anything, I just don't want to pay motu for a discontinued program, which proberly dosen't run on OS X 10.5.8.

So hit me with some editor stuff, btw I use ableton so VST and other plugin types will work as well.
electro funker

Advertisement:

Re: Korgwavestation editor?

Postby madtheory » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:44 pm

I don't know of any free ones. MIDIQuest is good, it does VST. I'm still using it though not for Wavestation- I use the Legacy plugin instead. The only hardware I have now is Novation KS rack, V- Synth and Roland SPD-11. MIDIQuest is great for the D50 in the V-Synth.
madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Fabreeze, Buck Owens Moog, Korg Warlock 9000, Roland Sultan of Brunei, Moog Ribald Cat.
Band: madtheory

Postby electro funker » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:45 pm

But does the legacy softsynth send dedicated midisignals to the wavestation? Or is it just my reading that is off the record?
electro funker

Postby madtheory » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:36 pm

No it doesn't. But you can import patches FROM the hardware Wavestation. Also the software has a filter, and all of the PCM cards built in. I personally much prefer it to the hardware- easier editing and a slight improvement in sound quality.
madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Fabreeze, Buck Owens Moog, Korg Warlock 9000, Roland Sultan of Brunei, Moog Ribald Cat.
Band: madtheory

Return to Software Synthesizers