Kawai K1 II and Kawai K4 keyboard

The place for parts & services: Modifications, Spare Parts and Repair Services, Sample Packs, Accessories.
Forum rules
This forum follows the same rules outlined in Gear For Sale Rules and Guidelines

Moderators have the right to edit your posts to keep them within the framework of these rules.

Kawai K1 II and Kawai K4 keyboard

Postby woytekm » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:09 pm

Hello, i wonder if i could swap keyboard module (PCB along with the key mechanics) between Kawai K1 II and Kawai K4? Would it be possible, or do these parts differ in design and dimensions?
Wojtek
woytekm

Re: Kawai K1 II and Kawai K4 keyboard

Postby rhino » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:04 pm

At a glance, it look like the K1-ll has fewer buttons than the K4, so that would have to be considered. May I ask why you are wanting to do this and what is the desired result?
When the wise man points to the stars, the fool looks at the finger.
- Confucius
rhino
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: keepers:
Kurzweil K2500x
Ensoniq TS-12
Yamaha SY-99
Alesis QS-8
Roland JD-800
Roland JX-10
Akai AX-80
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DSS-1
Moog Mini
Fizmo

Postby woytekm » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:46 am

Hi Rhino, thanks for the answer. I haven't event bohtered to compare how many keys are on these two, and this certainly defeats my idea of swapping keyboard modules between K1 and K4.
Why? I was searching for working K4, and found one that seller claims it's working via MIDI, but it has no keyboard module for some reason. On some other auction site i've spotted broken, but visually intact K1, and idea of buying these two and donating keyboard module from K1 to K4 came to my mind.
Wojtek
woytekm

Postby rhino » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:03 pm

Ok. You may be in luck. Maybe someone with actual experence with these two could chime in. It is possible that the keyboard assembly may fit, or be made to fit. I was mistaken that you wanted to swap main boards - that would not be practical. I is my GUESS that Kawai would likely use the same keyboard in those modlels. Good luck.
When the wise man points to the stars, the fool looks at the finger.
- Confucius
rhino
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: keepers:
Kurzweil K2500x
Ensoniq TS-12
Yamaha SY-99
Alesis QS-8
Roland JD-800
Roland JX-10
Akai AX-80
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DSS-1
Moog Mini
Fizmo

Postby KayfourTX » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:52 am

AFAIK both models have 61 keys and the keys themselves (one by one) are exchangable. This is just vague knowledge, I just bought a single k1 ii key said to match the k4 keyboard as well. Good luck!

BTW: Please take not of my most recent posting on fixing the K4.
KayfourTX

Gear: K4, TX7

Return to Gear Services & Other Goods