WTB: ALPS SKHEH switches for TR-808

The place for parts & services: Modifications, Spare Parts and Repair Services, Sample Packs, Accessories.
Forum rules
This forum follows the same rules outlined in Gear For Sale Rules and Guidelines

Moderators have the right to edit your posts to keep them within the framework of these rules.

WTB: ALPS SKHEH switches for TR-808

Postby Syn303 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:45 pm

Wanted:

2 ALPS - SKHEH switches for my Roland TR-808 (for Start/Stop & Tap)

My 2 switches have given out slowly from wear and tear and old age. Seek replacements if possible.
TT do not have any and they also stopped making their 808 rescue kit which included these ALPS switches.

| syn303.bandcamp.com | soundcloud.com/syn303 |
Syn303
Expert Member
Expert Member

Band: Syn303

Advertisement:

Re: WTB: ALPS SKHEH switches for TR-808

Postby rhino » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:50 pm

Drop a line to TechonlogyTransplant
They often have items not listed on the website.
"A thing may seem impossible...until it's done."
--Nelson Mandela
rhino
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: keepers:
Kurzweil K2500x
Ensoniq TS-12
Yamaha SY-99
Alesis QS-8
Roland JD-800
Roland JX-10
Akai AX-80
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DSS-1
Moog Mini
Fizmo

Postby Don T » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:29 pm

Syn303 wrote:Wanted:

2 ALPS - SKHEH switches for my Roland TR-808 (for Start/Stop & Tap)

My 2 switches have given out slowly from wear and tear and old age. Seek replacements if possible.
TT do not have any and they also stopped making their 808 rescue kit which included these ALPS switches.

Has the switch frame itself broken, or has just the switch failed electronically? The switch itself is easily replaced, and I have a few of those. If it's the frame itself, do as Rhino says.
Don Taylor

Master of no trades, practitioner of many.
(Basically, this means I know just enough about a lot of things to get myself in real trouble)
Don T
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Roland SH-09, Korg Polysix, Moog Rogue, Realistic MG-1, Paia Fatman, Korg Monotron, and of course, my main instrument: Trumpet!

Postby Syn303 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:44 am

Don T wrote:Has the switch frame itself broken, or has just the switch failed electronically? The switch itself is easily replaced, and I have a few of those. If it's the frame itself

The switch itself has failed, they both dont work. I heard you can open up the switch easily enough
and clean the metal contact/buds and the rubber dome inside that has a carbon coated nipple, someone
suggested using caikote44 to coat that to improve the contact.

I contacted TT 3 days ago, no reply!
| syn303.bandcamp.com | soundcloud.com/syn303 |
Syn303
Expert Member
Expert Member

Band: Syn303

Postby Don T » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:40 pm

Syn303 wrote:
Don T wrote:Has the switch frame itself broken, or has just the switch failed electronically? The switch itself is easily replaced, and I have a few of those. If it's the frame itself

The switch itself has failed, they both dont work. I heard you can open up the switch easily enough
and clean the metal contact/buds and the rubber dome inside that has a carbon coated nipple, someone
suggested using caikote44 to coat that to improve the contact.

The switches we're talking about here are not those kind of switches. These are sealed, the only way to open it is by destroying it.

Something similar to this is what you want, these will snap right into the frame, and the only variant is actuating force:

ALPS tactile switch

If you wish to know, yes, I've done this, and it works. It was on a Polysix, which uses the same frame/switch combo. Make sure to unsolder the LED along with the switch, or the frame will still be stuck to the board.
Don Taylor

Master of no trades, practitioner of many.
(Basically, this means I know just enough about a lot of things to get myself in real trouble)
Don T
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Roland SH-09, Korg Polysix, Moog Rogue, Realistic MG-1, Paia Fatman, Korg Monotron, and of course, my main instrument: Trumpet!

Postby simonrebel » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:29 pm

Hi guys,

Apologies for resurrecting this old thread..

The plastic clip has broken on the start/stop switch frame of my 808 (that holds the pressure pad against the contact) and as I result the switch can no longer be held in place, however it does still work, but if I turn it upside for example the switch will fall out.

It seems it is repairable, but ideally I don't want to use an adhesive to stick it back together if possible for fear of this happening again.

Are there similar Alps switches that I could use to replace the top part of the frame, the lower frame is soldered onto the PCB and seems to work fine if I manually place the broken bit of the frame and the suction cup washer on top.

Many thanks

Simon
simonrebel

Postby rhino » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:39 pm

is this what you need?

http://syntaur.com/3359.html
"A thing may seem impossible...until it's done."
--Nelson Mandela
rhino
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: keepers:
Kurzweil K2500x
Ensoniq TS-12
Yamaha SY-99
Alesis QS-8
Roland JD-800
Roland JX-10
Akai AX-80
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DSS-1
Moog Mini
Fizmo

Postby simonrebel » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:45 pm

rhino wrote:is this what you need?

http://syntaur.com/3359.html

Hi there,

That does look very similar to what I need, however as it's for the start/stop button I don't think I need the LED on the frame.

I'll take some photos of my broken switch frame and post them up

Many thanks for your help
simonrebel

Return to Gear Services & Other Goods