WANTED: Poly-800 Strap Pegs

The place for parts & services: Modifications, Spare Parts and Repair Services, Sample Packs, Accessories.
Forum rules
This forum follows the same rules outlined in Gear For Sale Rules and Guidelines

Moderators have the right to edit your posts to keep them within the framework of these rules.

WANTED: Poly-800 Strap Pegs

Postby Aaron2 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:01 pm

Hey guys,

I just acquired a Korg Poly-800. It's missing its strap pegs, and I wanna get my keytar on! :lol:

Does anyone know where I can get some spares?

Thanks!

Aaron
Aaron2

Gear: Roland: Juno-106/S; JX-10; JX-8P; JX-3P; Juno-2
Elektron: MD, OT, A4, AK, AR
DSI: Tempest, MEK, P08M
Moog: Minitaur

Advertisement:

Re: WANTED: Poly-800 Strap Pegs

Postby thehighesttree » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:06 pm

You can't have mine! But I could disassemble it and take a photo of the pegs themselves so you could make a pair of hardwood mockups, which should work. PM me if this is of interest to you.
thehighesttree

Re: WANTED: Poly-800 Strap Pegs

Postby thehighesttree » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:46 pm

Info's in your email but I'll post some specs here for anyone who might run into this in the future...

-Each peg is a small cylinder with 2 gaps framed between 3 "disc" shapes. One of these gaps is beveled inside (to form the external "peg" portion) and one gap has clean right angles to the discs (the "anchor" portion that holds it in the case). It looks something like this crappy ASCII drawing below...
Code: Select all
| |___| \__/ |
|  ___   __  |
|_|   |_/  \_|

SPECS:
-Total height (sitting on flat end) - 14/16 inch - the "outside" where you attach the strap is rounded off, otherwise it's 13.5/16"
-Total width (circumference) - 10/16 inch
-Width of non-beveled space (REALLY IMPORTANT since this is where it anchors into the case) - exactly 1/4 inch, note the flat "lip" part itself is 1/8" but this shouldn't matter too much
-The material feels like steel, but a really durable rubber or hardwood might do
thehighesttree

Return to Gear Services & Other Goods