WANTED: Kawai k4r rack ear screws/info

The place for parts & services: Modifications, Spare Parts and Repair Services, Sample Packs, Accessories.
Forum rules
This forum follows the same rules outlined in Gear For Sale Rules and Guidelines

Moderators have the right to edit your posts to keep them within the framework of these rules.

WANTED: Kawai k4r rack ear screws/info

Postby implant » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:39 pm

Hello all

Bought a kawai k4r that lacked the rack ears and the screws to attach the ears to the k4r. While I have
found replacement rack ears the 4 screws needed to attach them are still a mystery. I have contacted kawai usa and several other synth repair or parts spots and none of them were able to help. So before I take this unit down to the local Lowe's I was hoping maybe someone around here could help me out?

thank you for your time
implant

Gear: k2500s, k4r, mc-09, ms-404, BassStation kybd, k-station, mvs-1, syntrack, mini, tbx-303, kult, fsr1, sg01v, spawn, fizmo.

Advertisement:

Re: WANTED: Kawai k4r rack ear screws/info

Postby urgetoplay » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:29 pm

I'll double check the paperwork but I think you're going to have to bring it to Lowes. Anyone with a K4r would have to take theirs out of the rack and take the screws to Lowes or someplace like it to find out the screws size and thread count. I'll edit this post if they put the information in the various manuals ( but I doubt it).
Resonance in Humans is called Empathy.
urgetoplay

Re: WANTED: Kawai k4r rack ear screws/info

Postby implant » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:54 am

I opened up the unit and noticed the screws do not actually screw into anything beyond the actual case. Looks like some self tapping jobs should do the trick. thanks for the response urge. :)
implant

Gear: k2500s, k4r, mc-09, ms-404, BassStation kybd, k-station, mvs-1, syntrack, mini, tbx-303, kult, fsr1, sg01v, spawn, fizmo.

Return to Gear Services & Other Goods