WTB V-trig to S-trig converter. Need someone to build it

The place for parts & services: Modifications, Spare Parts and Repair Services, Sample Packs, Accessories.
Forum rules
This forum follows the same rules outlined in Gear For Sale Rules and Guidelines

Moderators have the right to edit your posts to keep them within the framework of these rules.

WTB V-trig to S-trig converter. Need someone to build it

Postby clegg » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:53 pm

Very simple schematic. I'm clueless when it comes to electronics so if someone can build it for me it woul be great.

I'm located in Montreal Canada.

Here's the schematic

http://systemj.co.uk/sysjpage2.html these guys have the converter I need (the TC-1) but for the moment they're not selling any.

Reason I need this is in the hopes of triggering the arpeggiator on my korg Polysix with a Roland TR-xxx drum machine.

please let me know price and shipping quote.

Thanks!
clegg

Advertisement:

Re: WTB V-trig to S-trig converter. Need someone to build it

Postby meatballfulton » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:21 pm

Just an FYI: This would be an excellent first DIY project if you have any interest at all. I can't think of any useful circuit that's simpler than that one!
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.
meatballfulton

Gear: Motif XF6, Evolver, Live 9

Postby maxwellravitz » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:27 am

also, just to let you know, this isn't needed for the application you're talking about. I own a polysix and tr 808/707/606, using the trigger out, the arp syncs perfectly. You just need a 1/4" to connect them.
maxwellravitz

Postby clegg » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:55 pm

meatballfulton wrote:Just an FYI: This would be an excellent first DIY project if you have any interest at all. I can't think of any useful circuit that's simpler than that one!

Really? I might just give it a go then. I have an old busted MXR guitar pedal at home that I can use as a casing.

Thanks, I think I'll give it a shot.,
clegg

Postby clegg » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:57 pm

maxwellravitz wrote:also, just to let you know, this isn't needed for the application you're talking about. I own a polysix and tr 808/707/606, using the trigger out, the arp syncs perfectly. You just need a 1/4" to connect them.

Really? I'll be picking up a TR-707 this weekend so I'll try it out soon. I keep reading how these drum machines have a V-trig which is opposite of what old Korgs need in order to trigger the arp. Might as well try it out for myself.

Thanks!
clegg

Postby maxwellravitz » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:01 pm

it'll definitely work without any convertor. With the 707, it requires a 1/8" to 1/4" cable, but it should trigger the arp with no issues.
maxwellravitz

Postby pflosi » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:19 pm

Yeah it triggers, but not in time. You need a converter.
pflosi
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: more than 150 characters...

Return to Gear Services & Other Goods