Anyone interested in aftertouch for analog synths?

The place for parts & services: Modifications, Spare Parts and Repair Services, Sample Packs, Accessories.
Forum rules
This forum follows the same rules outlined in Gear For Sale Rules and Guidelines

Moderators have the right to edit your posts to keep them within the framework of these rules.

Anyone interested in aftertouch for analog synths?

Postby neanalog » Sat May 25, 2013 11:11 pm

We developed a really cool aftertouch modification for vintage mono and polysynths. It features a dedicated square/triangle LFO, and allows direct aftertouch modulation of VCOs, VCFs, VCAs and other parameters. The on-board LFO can be set to increase speed as more pressure is applied. We shot a few video demos to show what the afterrtouch controller sounds like in different synths. Let us know what you think. We'd love some feedback!

Korg Polysix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_PwMeSMFwQ

ARP Odyssey: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWGVoXUPIJE

Moog Prodigy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEkvOJY7N6k

ARP Quadra: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0sgIM92sAU

-Rob C
www.NewEnglandAnalog.com
neanalog

Advertisement:

Re: Anyone interested in aftertouch for analog synths?

Postby shaft9000 » Tue May 28, 2013 8:38 pm

i'd be interested for my ARP Solus if possible.
It's already a fairly superlative CV controller keyboard, and would be totally bonkers w/ AT and - if the AT could get it's own CV out jack as well to top it off then it would be the perfect mono CV controller!
2600.solus.modcan a.eurorack.cs60.JP8.Juno6.A6.sunsyn.volcakeys.jd990.tb303.x0xb0x.revolution.
999.m1am1.RY30.svc350.memotron

shaft9000.muffwiggler.com <- singles & mixtape
shaft9000.bandcamp.com <- spacemusic album
youtube.com/shaft9000 <- various synth demos and studies
shaft9000
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: 'ho

Postby neanalog » Wed May 29, 2013 4:21 am

That is something that we could do for you. We're in the process of making some Pyxis modules for modular analog synths that bring all of the CVs out to front panel jacks. If you're interested, PM us or give the shop a call.
-Rob
neanalog

Postby DesolationBlvd » Thu May 30, 2013 7:00 pm

I noticed over in General Synthesizers that you might be doing them for Juno-106. In that case, will it transmit the aftertouch over MIDI?

Also, could replacement aftertouch strips for synths that already came with them come later down the line? Some are rather insensitive - Roland from the mid-80s (JX-8P) to the early 90s (JD-800) comes to mind.
I'm the vaccine for the Access Virus.

Oberheim OB-Xa (8-voice) (sick) / DMX
Roland Jupiter-8 / SH-101 / JP-8080 / Alpha Juno 2
Moog Voyager RME
Boss CE-300 / DR-110
Yamaha DX7
Akai S5000
DesolationBlvd

Postby neanalog » Thu May 30, 2013 8:01 pm

The aftertouch does not transmit via midi. This is analog aftertouch. The strips are much nicer than any on the market, which we find to be too insensitive. These strips are made much better than the Rolands of the 80s and 90s, and should last for a long time. By the time these wear out, there will be even nicer sensors available. We don't just slap a sensor strip underneath the keys. There are actually little pads and multiple pieces of special types of felt used so that the response feels natural. I'm a performer and have used just about every controller under the sun, and I can say that our aftertouch is better than any of the others I have played. The reason for this is that we use a high quality sensor, and that we hand build and calibrate each keybed that we set up. You won't get great response from the standard AT strip that Fatar and others use. It's too cheap and requires too much downward force. Also the response curve is more like a step function than a linear sweep.
neanalog

Return to Gear Services & Other Goods