Yamaha su700 repair

The place for parts & services: Modifications, Spare Parts and Repair Services, Sample Packs, Accessories.
Forum rules
This forum follows the same rules outlined in Gear For Sale Rules and Guidelines

Moderators have the right to edit your posts to keep them within the framework of these rules.

Yamaha su700 repair

Postby adekoyote » Fri May 23, 2014 4:30 pm

My first yamaha su700 has some glitchy issues. Some of the knobs need replacement....and the touch strip glitches out....and after it is on for a bit, the switch track buttons stop working until i go into the midi sync settings , change something and then go out...which means i have to stop it mid performance.

The eprom is 1.00 so that could be it...but i would like to know if anyone could repair this kind of gear.
adekoyote

Gear: YAMAHA PSR460, ROLAND MC808, EDIROL, APC20, Emu Proteus 2500 and Yamaha RS7000, Yamaha Su700, Roland VP9000, Yamaha AW4416, Desktop Evolver
Band: The Ghostz of More

Advertisement:

Re: Yamaha su700 repair

Postby Hugo76 » Sat May 24, 2014 12:44 am

A certified Yamaha repair guy would probably fix all that, but do you want to fix it yourself? I have some problems with my own unit, but have been given advice as to what cleaning spray to use etc. I'll try to dig up the info if you need it
Hugo76
Expert Member
Expert Member

Re: Yamaha su700 repair

Postby d2a » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:36 pm

just to say that the encoders can be replaced with new off-the-shelf components that should outlast the unit - i've written up my research here: Replacing SU700 encoders with modern alternatives. as long as you can solder you should be good. as for the other issues, i've never seen them. perhaps an updated OS would help...
d2a

Return to Gear Services & Other Goods