Yamaha CS-5 Filter Socket Upgrade

The place for parts & services: Modifications, Spare Parts and Repair Services, Sample Packs, Accessories.
Forum rules
This forum follows the same rules outlined in Gear For Sale Rules and Guidelines

Moderators have the right to edit your posts to keep them within the framework of these rules.

Yamaha CS-5 Filter Socket Upgrade

Postby Duart » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:57 pm

Has anyone installed the CS-5 Filter Socket Upgrade made by Kenton on his CS-5 or CS-10 ( think they're pretty much the same, the upgrade that is )
From what i've seen and heard the upgrade is nothing more than just a Jack chassis and some wiring, I already have both of those, but don't have the schematics to attach the wires to the right soldering points.

I did stumble upon this modlist which is just a txt-file: http://machines.hyperreal.org/manufactu ... 5.mods.txt

The weird thing though is that I'm wondering if such a mod can only excist out of one wire? Shouldn't there also be a ground wire attached to the Jack Chassis part?

I hope you guys can help me out here!
Duart

Gear: Yamaha CS-5, Roland D-5, Roland JX-3P + DT200v2 programmer, MicroKorg, Akai MFC-42 filter,Maschine, Cubase 7.5 and NI Komplete

Return to Gear Services & Other Goods