korg m1 distorted sound

The place for parts & services: Modifications, Spare Parts and Repair Services, Sample Packs, Accessories.
Forum rules
This forum follows the same rules outlined in Gear For Sale Rules and Guidelines

Moderators have the right to edit your posts to keep them within the framework of these rules.

korg m1 distorted sound

Postby veraferro » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:41 pm

hello to all sorts, I hope I can help and advise why I can not find the solution ..
I have a problem with my korg m1 after replacing the internal battery and successfully loaded the sounds of the factory, I realized that you can not hear with headphones and an audio channel in most sounds are distorted ..
What do you think could have happened?
I have already checked the resistance of the DAC board and they are all ok;
maybe I have to check the capacitors on the main board power
or some chip operational (but which on the motherboard)?
what do you think?
Thank you in advance for your help ..
veraferro

Advertisement:

Re: korg m1 distorted sound

Postby meatballfulton » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:36 pm

OK, what exactly did you have to do in order to replace the battery? Retrace your disassembly and reassembly procedure, esp. any cables/connectors that you had to disconnect.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.
meatballfulton

Gear: Motif XF6, Evolver, Live 9

Postby ninja6485 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:52 pm

meatballfulton wrote:OK, what exactly did you have to do in order to replace the battery? Retrace your disassembly and reassembly procedure, esp. any cables/connectors that you had to disconnect.
This is definitely helpful - The battery replacement for an M1 is just going to the store, popping the old one out, and putting the new one in, so there's not too much room to screw up, unless you damaged something inside while opening the synth up. (Did you buy the right battery?)

*Could it have been a pre-existing problem that you are just now discovering?

* Sometimes on my M1, I hear distortion if I have both voices of a patch playing at full volume, especially with the volume knob up. i have to turn the volume down on the individual voices so it doesn't overdrive. Could it be that?

*This phrase is confusing:
veraferro wrote:an audio channel in most sounds are distorted
please clarify so we can properly identify what the problem is that you are experiencing.
This looks like a psychotropic reaction. No wonder it's so popular...
ninja6485
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: Virus Ti, Jx-8p, Juno 60, Radias, Maschine, 101,303,606,707,727,808,909, odyssey, mirage, akai s5K/s2K/s1k, drumtraks, esi4k,M1R, rx5, fizmo,d50
Band: Lyra, The Sun Worshipers

Postby veraferro » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:21 am

thank you very much for having responded meatballfulton and ninja6485 ..
my korg m1 had begun to have problems with the sounds of all the patches and thinking it was a problem of battery, I simply replaced and loaded the factory sounds with midi-ox ..
therefore, the problem of channel mute and distorted sounds was already existing before replacing the battery.
at this point, putting aside the problem of the battery, I thought it was a problem on the power supply capacitors before but I wanted some of your advice ..
how can I proceed?
veraferro

Postby meatballfulton » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:26 pm

M1 Service Manual

Since you seem comfortable with basic repairs, download the manual and walk through the troubleshooting section.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.
meatballfulton

Gear: Motif XF6, Evolver, Live 9

Postby veraferro » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:09 pm

meatballfulton wrote:M1 Service Manual

Since you seem comfortable with basic repairs, download the manual and walk through the troubleshooting section.

ok, thanks again ..
I study the sevice manual and try to find solution ..
veraferro

Return to Gear Services & Other Goods