What's the going rate for an Ensoniq ASR-X/ASR-X PRO?

Discussions about anything related to samplers and sampling techniques.

What's the going rate for an Ensoniq ASR-X/ASR-X PRO?

Postby lhm1138 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:21 am

I used to check a place called prepal.com, but they haven't been updated in years! What's a fair price for one of these units, and what advantages does the Pro have over the Black ASRX? I seem to remember it being able to read .wav, but can't recall any other improvements.
lhm1138

Advertisement:

Postby desdinova » Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:24 pm

asr-x pro nets you twice the max RAM capacity, a better (and stock) SCSI interface and synthesis capabilities. Sequencer is still meh, pads still like to break. I love you Ensoniq, I just wish your QA was better over the years <3
I'm not sure that I would buy another, but they seem to be going for between 300-500$ Mine's being used as an expander for my EPS and will probably end up getting supplanted and then replaced by an ASR-10 rack when I find one cheap enough. I keep thinking that I should just rip out the guts and rack mount it but I'm really lazy. :D
rerum concordia discors | genre: wankery
desdinova

Postby lhm1138 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:25 pm

Yeh, the ASR10 racks are great, but they rarely come up.

It's funny, I love everything about Ensoniq stuff EXCEPT their QA. Seems like their stuff was more prone to breaking down than the competition. But in most other areas they were superior.

I'm not too concerned with the lackluster sequencing...it'll mostly be slaved either to the computer or my MC909. Thanks for your comments.
lhm1138

Return to Samplers