What sampler can read emax disks?

Discussions about anything related to samplers and sampling techniques.

What sampler can read emax disks?

Postby kurtjimi27 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:08 pm

Do any other emu samplers read emax I disks? Besides the emax II of course. My Emax died and I dont know if I want to spend the money to fix it or buy another one.
Waldorf Microwave XT, Roland VP-9000, EMU Emax, G5 (Reason, Live, etc.), Power Mac 9600 w/ protools tdm, Zoom H4
kurtjimi27

Advertisement:

Postby :||CHAMBER||: » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:54 am

hello. as far as i know the entire Emulator 4 series (E4XT, E64/00, E5000 ((Ultras included)) can read Emax II files. i'm not quite sure about the ESI series.. however i would be inclined to believe that they can as well.
i hope this was helpful.

edit: ahem... i just noticed you said "Emax I".... sorry about that.
you know, i'm actually not positive that the Emax II will read original
Emax files... there were quite a few changes made, like the switch to a
digital filter, etc... you might have better luck looking into the Emulator III
(if you can find one) though I wasn't able to find any info saying that it
would or wouldn't read Emax samples.
:||CHAMBER||:
No Longer Registered

Postby tallowwaters » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:50 pm

*my* esi 4000 wont read emax zip disks..dont know about floppy...
Brains can be used like a "stress ball," but only once.
tallowwaters

Gear: synesthesia, venereal disease, obsessive compulsive disorder, manic depressive disorder, and sensitive skin.

Postby kurtjimi27 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:32 pm

Thanks for the helpful info. What about the EIIIX, does that also read emax II. I think I'll just move up to the emax II for now because I know it'll read the 12bit.
Waldorf Microwave XT, Roland VP-9000, EMU Emax, G5 (Reason, Live, etc.), Power Mac 9600 w/ protools tdm, Zoom H4
kurtjimi27

Postby tallowwaters » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:11 pm

now you can transfer emax2 samples via midi to other higher end emus, but according to my some of my emu manuals the emax II is as low as the modern emu samplers go in backwards compatability.

sorry.

just a thought...you could put your disks in a emaxII save them to a emax 2 formatted disk, then put them in your computer. ass backwards to say the least, but i dont anything about chickensys (hint, check there)
Brains can be used like a "stress ball," but only once.
tallowwaters

Gear: synesthesia, venereal disease, obsessive compulsive disorder, manic depressive disorder, and sensitive skin.

Postby calyx93 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:31 am

What died on your machine? If it was the floppy, that can be replaced easily. Otherwise, I'd just seek out another original one - they're next to nothing used and they're so plentiful. Either that or "upgrade" to an Emax-II - I like mine because of the backwards compatibility but miss the better filter (don't get me wrong, the II's digital one is very nice) and the variety of sampling rates (the II only goes down to 20khz) - I love the lowest setting on the Emax-I, so crunchy and metallic.
“I have stretched ropes from steeple to steeple; garlands from window to window; golden chains from star to star, and I dance.” - Rimbaud
calyx93

Gear: PPG Wave 2.2, Waldorf μWave, Roland JP6+V-Synth, SCI P5+600, Moog LP-TE, E-mu EII, Emax 1+2, Kawai SX-240+K-3, Korg DW8000, Ensoniq Mirage +more

Postby kurtjimi27 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:18 am

it was the power supply and I am going to fix it! I got it for its bad fidelity which is why it sounds so cool (i agree the lowest sampling rate is best). I'll probably get an esi-32 for upgrading. much cheaper than an emax II and more flexible plus all those cool morph filters.
kurtjimi27

Return to Samplers