Sniffing on a Roland S550. Experiences?

Discussions about anything related to samplers and sampling techniques.

Re: Sniffing on a Roland S550. Experiences?

Postby Bitexion » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:19 pm

Well, I wish it was you who bought it then, klovn, so I could come and visit it sometime soon :)

I just imagine how cool a sampler with separate monitor must be like. Get that fairlight-ish feeling. But alas, I stalled too long and lost the chance to get it. Should probably just have bought it immediately instead of making this thread first, hehe.
Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: Alesis Andromeda A6
Roland D-50
Yamaha Motif XF6
Roland Gaia
Alesis Ion
Analogue Systems modular
+various assorted bits&bobs

Advertisement:

Postby Spadz » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:00 pm

Bitexion wrote:Well, I wish it was you who bought it then, klovn, so I could come and visit it sometime soon :)

I just imagine how cool a sampler with separate monitor must be like. Get that fairlight-ish feeling. But alas, I stalled too long and lost the chance to get it. Should probably just have bought it immediately instead of making this thread first, hehe.

Well, don't be so slow next time!! :o
It's really cool. The mouse doesn't really react like a mouse, but still. I haven't had time to spend on sampling and editing yet, I just went thru the pile of floppies. And I bought a cottage, so I'm busy with that a lot these times.
If you don't know what you are doing, why are you doing it?
Spadz

Gear: Samplers, Synths, Guitars, Yamaha recorder, Atari computer and an 18 year Glenlivet.

Postby ColorForm2113 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:02 am

bring up a dead thread...but i was doing a bit of research on the s550 and found a lot of answers here (as usual) im picking one of these up on monday. i found it on craigslist for $75 with 80 disks, the mouse, manual, and monitor connector cable. im pretty excited to get sampling again. my only other sampler was a korg es1 that i accidently blew up and ive been waiting for korg to send some new parts for months. so i figured id get something inexpensive but still good quailty and i found the s550. should be quite fun
My modular so far: Q104, Q106, Q107, Q108, Q109 x2 , Q116, Q118, Q127 w/Q140, Q130, STG Wave Folder, playing with Moog Voyager, VX-351, CP-251, MF-104M (x2 STEREO!) Beat Step and Volca Beats
ColorForm2113

Gear: tin cans and rubber bands
Band: Me twiddling in the corner...

Previous

Return to Samplers