Korg Electribe ES-1 Smartmedia... Help

Discussions about anything related to samplers and sampling techniques.

Korg Electribe ES-1 Smartmedia... Help

Postby nicetones » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:18 pm

I have an ES-1 MK-1. Can I put samples onto a smartmedia card from my computer and use them on the ES-1?
I have tried this several times, nameing the files 00,01,02... putting them into folders named 1,2,... and not in folder. I am using wave file format, 16 bit, but I was wondering if I need to turn them into an es1 file, if thats possible? I keep getting Error 4, which wrong format or something. Thanks if anyone can give me some insight.
Last edited by nicetones on Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nicetones

Advertisement:

Re: Korg Electribe ES-1 Smartmedia... Help

Postby space6oy » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:35 pm

nicetones wrote:I have an ES-1 MK-1. Can I put samples onto a smartmedia card from my computer and use them on the ES-1?

yes.

I have tried this several times, nameing the files 00,01,02... putting them into files named 1,2,... and not in files.

that's confusing, saying you're putting the files into files. are you meaning you're putting them into folders on the disk? if so that's the problem IIRC.

I am using wave file format, 16 bit, but I was wondering if I need to turn them into an es1 file, if thats possible? I keep getting Error 4, which wrong format or something. Thanks if anyone can give me some insight.

you do have to format the smartmedia... hit the manual. :thumbright:
i had fun once. it was AWFUL.
http://futureperfectmedia.com
space6oy

Gear: citalopram, diphenhydramine & ibuprophen.

Postby nicetones » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:04 pm

Sorry... I meant folders...the manual is not much help, but I'll try. I am under the impression that formatting will erase everything off of the memory card (wrong? Right?). Do I need to do this every time I add samples to the memory card?/ can you explain what formatting does? Thanks
PS what is IIRC?
nicetones

Postby space6oy » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:16 pm

hehe, "if i recall (or remember) correctly."

you'll only have to format the disk once, as long as your computer isn't reformatting it as well (imagine windows might want to every time, not sure though, have only done it on a mac).

you do have to put the files in the disk without any folders containing them though. which does kind of suck, lack of organization beyond numerical order. eh.
i had fun once. it was AWFUL.
http://futureperfectmedia.com
space6oy

Gear: citalopram, diphenhydramine & ibuprophen.

Postby tallowwaters » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:30 pm

All these answers are in the manual, I promise.
Brains can be used like a "stress ball," but only once.
tallowwaters

Gear: synesthesia, venereal disease, obsessive compulsive disorder, manic depressive disorder, and sensitive skin.

Return to Samplers