HQ Sample Libraries?

Discussions about anything related to samplers and sampling techniques.

HQ Sample Libraries?

Postby DLovas » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:43 pm

Hey guys - I was wondering if anyone could provide me with the names of high quality drum sample libraries.

I specifically do not want to work with vst based drum kits / plugins - since i like to manipulate the audio file. Also it'd be great if most of the samples have minimal processing applied to them - i consider it cheating almost to use those ;)

any way - thanks in advance, and I do apologize if a similar thread already exists.

-David
Hardware: Ensoniq Fizmo | Roland JP-8000
Software: FL Studio | Zebra2 | Sylenth1
DLovas
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: RED MIDI Cables
BLUE MIDI Cables
Band: RingGalaxy

Advertisement:

Re: HQ Sample Libraries?

Postby balma » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:27 pm

Free download? or are you willing to pay $ for getting them?

It´´s mainly a matter of taste and music style. I specially like the Bluezone sample packs (24bit, multiformat REX-AIFF-WAV) and AGMQUINTRIX.

You could try to find some downloads to hear them and find if they are what you´re looking for. It´s harder today than 3 months ago with the SOPA PIPA shit, but they popup from time to time on letitbit/extabit/shareflare sites... Filter your searches to the last 24 hours.
"If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies you won´t find another"
Carl Sagan

https://soundcloud.com/balma
balma
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: DSI Tempest/Prophet 08/Roland V-Synth/Ensoniq Fizmo/E-mu MP7-XL7/Electribe ESX1/Radias/Waldorf MicroQ

Postby DLovas » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:43 am

I'm willing to pay - I usually don't expect anything much of worth from free packs - unless they're demos of paid libraries. I'll check out what you mentioned - thanks.

Really I'm looking for any traditional drum sounds that I can tweak Ito breakbeats and such. Thanks.
DLovas
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

BLUE MIDI Cables

Postby ninja6485 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:47 pm

Dude...breakbeats= buy some vinyls. $1-2 a peace, usefulness limited by your creativity, more fun than shopping for sample packs, and your breaks will sound the way that got them famous. Or if you can't afford that...YouTube
This looks like a psychotropic reaction. No wonder it's so popular...
ninja6485
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: Virus Ti, Jx-8p, Juno 60, Radias, Maschine, 101,303,606,707,727,808,909, odyssey, mirage, akai s5K/s2K/s1k, drumtraks, esi4k,M1R, rx5, fizmo,d50
Band: Lyra, The Sun Worshipers

Postby Ashe37 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:51 am

ninja6485 wrote:Dude...breakbeats= buy some vinyls. $1-2 a peace, usefulness limited by your creativity, more fun than shopping for sample packs, and your breaks will sound the way that got them famous. Or if you can't afford that...YouTube

Just be prepared to spend lots more to license those vinyl samples if you're making money off your music.
Ashe37

Gear: Ensoniq SD-1/32,SQR,VFX,ESQm
Virus Indigo, M3-61 , MS2000BR, Volca Bass
Emu XL-7, Matrix 6r
TG-33, K3m, Blofeld, Micron, Mopho, Bass Station II
Band: Eridani V

Postby ninja6485 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:57 am

Maybe, maybe not. Depends on what you use, how you use it, and what kind of attention your tracks get. If you're prodigy, you have to worry about it (and afaik your label takes care of it). If you have a handful of home made songs on soundcloud, you should be pretty safe. I mean, is the possibility that someone might recognise a single kick from some obscure disco record you sampled and processed really a practical concern? I'm not sure a machine could even do that. Long phrases left more or less as they appear on the record of course would be a lot more dangerous. Just don't be stupid about it, and then try to sell it. Also, isn't there something about a certain length of time determining legality?
This looks like a psychotropic reaction. No wonder it's so popular...
ninja6485
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: Virus Ti, Jx-8p, Juno 60, Radias, Maschine, 101,303,606,707,727,808,909, odyssey, mirage, akai s5K/s2K/s1k, drumtraks, esi4k,M1R, rx5, fizmo,d50
Band: Lyra, The Sun Worshipers

Postby balma » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:22 am

DLovas wrote:I'm willing to pay - I usually don't expect anything much of worth from free packs - unless they're demos of paid libraries. I'll check out what you mentioned - thanks.

Really I'm looking for any traditional drum sounds that I can tweak Ito breakbeats and such. Thanks.

Actually most of the packs I have downloaded aren´t free royalty packs :oops: . That´s the reason they are deleted from storage sites just a few hours/days after uploaded. Most of them can be found on letitbit, extabit, shareflare, uploaded, crocko and other non US websites, and filtering search to last 24 hours and german/dutch/russian languages
"If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies you won´t find another"
Carl Sagan

balma
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: DSI Tempest/Prophet 08/Roland V-Synth/Ensoniq Fizmo/E-mu MP7-XL7/Electribe ESX1/Radias/Waldorf MicroQ

Postby DLovas » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:39 am

ninja6485 wrote:Dude...breakbeats= buy some vinyls. $1-2 a peace, usefulness limited by your creativity, more fun than shopping for sample packs, and your breaks will sound the way that got them famous. Or if you can't afford that...YouTube

I've been actually leaning towards doing something like that - i know thats how Amon Tobin works (used to work?) that way.

I think i'll heed your advice.
balma wrote:
DLovas wrote:I'm willing to pay - I usually don't expect anything much of worth from free packs - unless they're demos of paid libraries. I'll check out what you mentioned - thanks.

Actually most of the packs I have downloaded aren´t free royalty packs :oops: . That´s the reason they are deleted from storage sites just a few hours/days after uploaded. Most of them can be found on letitbit, extabit, shareflare, uploaded, crocko and other non US websites, and filtering search to last 24 hours and german/dutch/russian languages

yea i understand what ur sayin - sometimes i'll go on audioz.info - they usually have a lot of links to sites such as those for downloads. Its where I got the vengeance samples (altho i feel like im cheating when i do that.

Its sad though - if i had enough money, i'd buy everything.. i feel like a scumbag.
DLovas
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

BLUE MIDI Cables

Postby balma » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:21 pm

DLovas wrote:Its sad though - if i had enough money, i'd buy everything.. i feel like a scumbag.

I don´t.
I just give it back, I also share my hard work and upload a lot of the stuff in order to contribute with other producers/musicians. Is a way to grow together without expecting money as a reward.
Carl Sagan

balma
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Return to Samplers