My Emulator favourites! (with download)

Discussions about anything related to samplers and sampling techniques.

My Emulator favourites! (with download)

Postby D-Collector » Thu May 17, 2012 12:21 pm

Here are a bank with 124 favourite sounds of mine, converted to Akai programs from 2 "Universe Of Sounds" CD images I found for the Roland S-550. This was released by OMI under the "Reflective Arts International" name, it's not THE famous OMI Universe Of Sounds from 1986, but contains a lot of the same raw sample content, I have compared the sample lists. The library was also released for the E-mu Emax, and possibly others.

These samples are excellent and loop points are perfectly preserved. Just open your soft sampler of choice and look for the .akp file in the respective folder. Each sound has it's own folder with .wav and .akp files. As the CD was for S-550, all the files have the "S50" prefix (Translator did that). Maybe later I will convert everything to soundfont. All in all, Many EII goodies in here! Here is a short demo I put together:

Enjoy!

http://www.filefreak.com/files/885416_uahg6/UNIVERSE%20OF%20SOUNDS%20FAVOURITES.part1.rar
http://www.filefreak.com/files/885417_kpxxl/UNIVERSE%20OF%20SOUNDS%20FAVOURITES.part2.rar

:mrgreen:
D-Collector
Expert Member
Expert Member

Advertisement:

Re: My Emulator favourites! (with download)

Postby D-Collector » Thu May 17, 2012 12:27 pm

Quick notice, for instant gratification look for folders "Liquid Stack", "Kurzweil Strings" (Marcato!) and "Shakuhachi".
D-Collector
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby tim gueguen » Thu May 17, 2012 3:34 pm

Wasn't the EII shakuhachi sample banned at some point as an instrument of torture? :D
Keys: Realistic Concertmate 500, Korg K25, Korg Micro X

Guits: '86 Fender Japan '50s Reissue Strat, '80 Aria Pro II TS-300 Thor Sound
tim gueguen

Postby D-Collector » Thu May 17, 2012 5:51 pm

Quite possible! :lol:
D-Collector
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby 8bit9bot » Fri May 18, 2012 12:29 am

thanks!
8bit9bot
No Longer Registered

Postby gcoudert » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:26 pm

Thanks for the sounds! What drum set did you use on that wonderful demo?
Gilles C.
gcoudert

Gear: Roland Fantom X8, R8, JV1080 + Orchestral & Vintage Synth cards, Akai S5000, Fender Telecaster, Korg AX3000G.

Postby D-Collector » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:30 pm

gcoudert wrote:Thanks for the sounds! What drum set did you use on that wonderful demo?

Thanks gcoudert, and sorry for not answering before now. Actually, I took single samples from a lot of different banks, which I unfortunately can't remember right now. It's been a while... ;)

But I will check again as soon as I get that old music pc going again.

To those who are interested, I have the WHOLE library converted, not just my favourites.. I have a RS account for a few more weeks and can upload the whole archive, a 432mb .rar file. IF there is interest.
D-Collector
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Juno6 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:38 pm

D-Collector wrote:
gcoudert wrote:Thanks for the sounds! What drum set did you use on that wonderful demo?

Thanks gcoudert, and sorry for not answering before now. Actually, I took single samples from a lot of different banks, which I unfortunately can't remember right now. It's been a while... ;)

But I will check again as soon as I get that old music pc going again.

To those who are interested, I have the WHOLE library converted, not just my favourites.. I have a RS account for a few more weeks and can upload the whole archive, a 432mb .rar file. IF there is interest.

I´m quite interested!
Juno6

Postby D-Collector » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:41 pm

I'll try to sort it out tomorrow. Getting late here now..
D-Collector
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Juno6 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:31 am

D-Collector wrote:I'll try to sort it out tomorrow. Getting late here now..

Great! Thanx!
Juno6

Postby Python Blue » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:08 am

This is my first post, and bearing in mind that there seems to be no intro thread on this forum, either, please forgive me if my prescence seems sudden.

Thank you very much for sharing this! It's really a shame that the Universe of Sounds samples are so hard to find, even on download sites. Will be downloading these momentarily.

EDIT: It appears either the link is broken, or the archives were since removed. Bearing that in mind, I would like access to the complete library as well.
Python Blue - composer

Official Website
Bandcamp
Python Blue

Gear: Roland JV2080, Korg TR-Rack, Korg M1 VST, Korg Wavestation VST, Native Instruments Kontakt, Spectrasonics Omnisphere, etc.
Band: Python Blue

Postby steampoweredsequencer » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:05 am

Python Blue wrote:This is my first post, and bearing in mind that there seems to be no intro thread on this forum, either, please forgive me if my prescence seems sudden.

Thank you very much for sharing this! It's really a shame that the Universe of Sounds samples are so hard to find, even on download sites. Will be downloading these momentarily.

EDIT: It appears either the link is broken, or the archives were since removed. Bearing that in mind, I would like access to the complete library as well.

re: first post. No intro ever necessary...(I don't think anyone reads them anyway)
re: broken links. SECONDED!
steampoweredsequencer

Gear: Two canes for walking, indestructible contact microphone, tetsuo implants, half broken nord lead, two weirdo guitars,

Postby steampoweredsequencer » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:45 am

steampoweredsequencer

Gear: Two canes for walking, indestructible contact microphone, tetsuo implants, half broken nord lead, two weirdo guitars,

Postby steampoweredsequencer » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:37 pm

Nice selection of sounds. Thank you again.
steampoweredsequencer

Next

Return to Samplers