Which analogue synths do you want to see sampled?

Discussions about anything related to samplers and sampling techniques.

Which analogue synths do you want to see sampled?

Postby daverose » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:16 pm

I'v got the opportunity to sample some nice analogue synths. The samples will be made into a Kontakt Instrument and sold through http://www.samplephonics.com. The idea isn't to recreate the synth we're sampling, which is never going to be possible, more to provide a range of nice analogue multisamples in an easy to use and good looking interface.

The question is, what would you like to see sampled?! This is likely to be one of a series of packs, so there is scope for a few different synths. Some ideas we've had for the first instrument are Arp 2600, EMS VCS3, Minimoog Model D and the Oberheim Matrix 12.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and looking forward to your input!
daverose

Advertisement:

Re: Which analogue synths do you want to see sampled?

Postby silikon » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:44 pm

daverose wrote:I'v got the opportunity to sample some nice analogue synths. The samples will be made into a Kontakt Instrument and sold through http://www.samplephonics.com. The idea isn't to recreate the synth we're sampling, which is never going to be possible, more to provide a range of nice analogue multisamples in an easy to use and good looking interface.

The question is, what would you like to see sampled?! This is likely to be one of a series of packs, so there is scope for a few different synths. Some ideas we've had for the first instrument are Arp 2600, EMS VCS3, Minimoog Model D and the Oberheim Matrix 12.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and looking forward to your input!

I think that you should strive to sample some machines that haven't recieved wide use -- And include them in your prospects (if you can)... It seems like those machines (minus the Matrix 12) have all had their share of either being multisampled, or re-created in a softsynth...

Things I'd be interested in seeing sampled in a creative way:

Synton Syrinx
Octave Voyetra 8
Hartmann Neuron
Gleeman Pentaphonic
Steiner Synthacon
EML 101/500
echo 1 > /dev/awesome
silikon
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Random bullshit with knobs and buttons.
Band: Year with no summer

Postby Cybercardinal » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:13 am

Polymoog "Vox Humana"
Cybercardinal
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Postby CS_TBL » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:05 am

silikon wrote:Hartmann Neuron

^ This. And mainly because there's not been much Neuron material to listen to so far, except noisy metallic soundscapes. Which is a hint too: don't overdo sampling all these noisy things for which we could use any other synth, I'd be much more interested in things we can use as a traditional instrument.
"You know I love you, CS, but this is bullshit." (Automatic Gainsay)
s: VSL/FM8/EWQL/LASS h: DX7/FS1r/VL70/SY77/SN2r/JD800/JD990/XV88/Emu6400/Poly61/Amek35:12:2/genelec1030 r: Violin/AltoSax/TinWhistle c: i7-4770/RAM32GB/SSD
FM8 vids
CS_TBL
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: All "In-The-Box"
Mainly FM8

Return to Samplers