Ensoniq EPS layering 127 wavesamples

Discussions about anything related to samplers and sampling techniques.

Ensoniq EPS layering 127 wavesamples

Postby suchenderxxx » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:21 pm

I found an Article about the EPS and the article says you can layer 127 wavesamples on top of each other. I can only put 1 sample on 1 key but not another sample on top of this key in the same layer. i can use for the same keyrange another sample in another layer but not in the same layer. So how to get 127 wavesamples layered on top of each other? On sequencer.de at the specs it says it has 4 osc, what does this mean?
suchenderxxx

Advertisement:

Re: Ensoniq EPS layering 127 wavesamples

Postby rhino » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:06 am

Welcome to the board!

I have not used the EPS for a long time, but I think you are(were) misguided by that article.

IIRC, the EPS can hold 16 multi-samples in each of its 8 layers - thus, 128 samples.

There MAY be a way of setting all 16 wavesamples in a layer to play in the same key range, but then you would only have the polyphony to play one key at a time... The EPS has a maximum of 20-note polyphony.

You COULD take the time to add waves to each other one at a time to make a giant composit of 128 waves, but this would take much time and - because of the limited resolution of the EPS - would result in a noisy mess.
"A thing may seem impossible...until it's done."
--Nelson Mandela
rhino
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: keepers:
Kurzweil K2500x
Ensoniq TS-12
Yamaha SY-99
Alesis QS-8
Roland JD-800
Roland JX-10
Akai AX-80
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DSS-1
Moog Mini
Fizmo

Re: Ensoniq EPS layering 127 wavesamples

Postby suchenderxxx » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:26 pm

the manual says it can hold 127 wavesamples per layer. after reading it again, i found a part where it says that only 1 sample can be on a key on the same layer. so the article is wrong! you can layer up to 8 samples thru the different layers of the eps.

Thanks for your help. Nice Forum for gearheads!
suchenderxxx

Return to Samplers