EMU Emax Library

Discussions about anything related to samplers and sampling techniques.

EMU Emax Library

Postby thared33 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:14 pm

I'm rather confused. If you visit here - http://www.hermannseib.com/english/synt ... eoscds.htm - it has the Emax library. Is this the Emax 1 or Emax 2 library?

As far as I know there were 4 CDROMs in the 'Elements of Sound' series released that has the entire Emax (1? 2?) factory library. But how come on that site it only has two of those CDROMs listed? Unless the other two CDs were additional ones that weren't a part of the factory diskettes.

I also read that the Elements of Sound stuff was rereleased in EIII CD format. I took a look at the diskette/CD comparison on the link above and they only show two EIII CDs in the Elements of Sound series. What happened with the other two?

I'd like to get the entire Emax factory library, then the Emax 2 library, then any 3rd party stuff for either, in that order.
thared33

Advertisement:

Re: EMU Emax Library

Postby Freejack » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:09 am

I believe the banks on that site are all Emax I Images. Though great (considering that Emax banks appear to be sparse outside of it), that site appears to be simply incomplete. I'm also interested to hear if anyone can dig up more banks. Don't get me started on people trying to SELL old Emax banks, either...
Freejack

Re: EMU Emax Library

Postby madtheory » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:33 pm

Ask on the Emax Yahoo group?
madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Buck Owens Moog, Korg Warlock 9000, Roland Sultan of Brunei, Moog Ribald Cat.
Band: madtheory

Return to Samplers