Real time sampling in v-synth?

Discussions about anything related to samplers and sampling techniques.

Real time sampling in v-synth?

Postby n3wt15 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:25 pm

Im wondering if it is possible to sample in realtime on the vsynth, i know I can sample with it, and play the sample in reverse and whatnot, but then I have to save it and import it into a sound to be able to really play with it. I was wondering if there is another work around for this, basically Im trying to see if there is a way I can sample my tempest in realtime, and stretch it, use the effects on the vsynth...so far it looks like I can not do this, but just checking here before I pull out my hair and give up.
n3wt15

Gear: a never ending cycle of ins and outs
Band: Armageddon Party

Advertisement:

Re: Real time sampling in v-synth?

Postby adekoyote » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:56 am

this is definitely going into "looper" territory. Realtime sampling is what live loopers are all about. KP3, electrix repeater and the roland RC505 are the beast that come to mind...standard samplers don't let you do this in a live context.
adekoyote

Gear: YAMAHA PSR460, ROLAND MC808, EDIROL, APC20, Emu Proteus 2500 and Yamaha RS7000, Yamaha Su700, Roland VP9000, Yamaha AW4416, Desktop Evolver
Band: The Ghostz of More

Postby Stab Frenzy » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:05 am

Yeah you can't do it with the vsynth, you need either an octatrack or an mc-909 to do that.
Stab Frenzy

Gear: Octatrack, Analog Four, Eurorack, Minibrute, Ultranova, many FX

Postby Bitexion » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:08 pm

It would be best to get one of the popular looper pedals and do the sampling with that. They have super-easy interfaces where you pretty much just step on it to start sampling, step again to stop and it goes on looping it while you can play other things.
Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: Alesis Andromeda A6
Roland D-50
Yamaha Motif XF6
Roland Gaia
Alesis Ion
Analogue Systems modular
+various assorted bits&bobs

Postby n3wt15 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:57 pm

Ok, i figured as much, I have a Kp3, but Its very limited for looping, nothing over 16 steps, and it has to be increments of 4, which is the worst part, Ive been doing a lot of things in 7 lately so that just doesnt work....I didnt click with the octatrack when I had one, though may try it again....I should just go the ableton route, which will probably happen eventually, im just procrastinating.
n3wt15

Gear: a never ending cycle of ins and outs
Band: Armageddon Party

Postby adekoyote » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:12 pm

Check out the Roland RC505...it looks cool and is table top...it could be just what you are looking for.
adekoyote

Gear: YAMAHA PSR460, ROLAND MC808, EDIROL, APC20, Emu Proteus 2500 and Yamaha RS7000, Yamaha Su700, Roland VP9000, Yamaha AW4416, Desktop Evolver
Band: The Ghostz of More

Postby skinnypuppy » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:17 pm

I have a Korg Kaos Pad at home and I just run my Roland synth through it. It acts a sampler with tons of effects, including looping realtime. You can even resample several times. So you can create a loop that's been processed by several layers of effects. It has a touch screen interface that I'm not too interested in, but you can trigger samples to a key.
skinnypuppy

Return to Samplers