Yamaha FS1R / DX200 / PLG-DX compatability?

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Yamaha FS1R / DX200 / PLG-DX compatability?

Postby recreator » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:21 am

I've got the FS1R which I love but wish it was more hands on (without using PC editor). Is the DX200 sys-ex compatable where you could edit sounds on the DX200 & transfer them over to the FS1R?

Also I presume the DX200 & PLG150DX are the same board so would this work if I had a DX PLG in my CS6x and fired over FS1R patches?

Anyone tried this?
recreator

Advertisement:

Postby meatballfulton » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:58 pm

The PLG150-DX is the board inside the DX200. They share the same patch formats at the board level. There is another level of editing above that, either DX200 or CS6x native which are NOT compatible.

The FS1R supposedly can load DX7 patches via sysex. The PLG150-DX can also do this from within the DX Simulator voice editor. The PLG boards cannot dump patches to anything other than a storage device of the host machine (Smart Media in the case of your CS6x) and this format can only be used to load the patches back into the board. The FS1R will not be able to read the files.

In other words you will not be able to do what you want to do.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.
meatballfulton

Gear: Motif XF6, Evolver, Live 9

Return to HELP!