Removing the keyboard of the Korg Poly61

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Removing the keyboard of the Korg Poly61

Postby vanitypolice » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:42 pm

Does anyone know how to remove the keyboard of the Poly61? I've opened it up and can't figure out where to detatch the keys/keyboard so that I can clean the contacts. Some of the keys do not sound or sound only intermittently. However all the oscillators work as I have been able to test them through the Chord Memory and Arpeggio functions.
I have found that when it comes to gear, believe the hype.
vanitypolice

Gear: XTk, Model D, Cat, MicroKorg, Voyager RME, RE-201, Logic 8, Waldorf Edition, Komplete Synths, Sylenth1, Ultra Analog VA-1, Ozone 4, red Gibson SG.
Band: Dangerous Muse

Advertisement:

Postby vanitypolice » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:49 pm

Well I've gotten it off and there is a thick layer of dust on the contacts. What's the best way to clean these contacts? I have WD40 and Radioshack Contact Cleaner on-hand.
vanitypolice

Gear: XTk, Model D, Cat, MicroKorg, Voyager RME, RE-201, Logic 8, Waldorf Edition, Komplete Synths, Sylenth1, Ultra Analog VA-1, Ozone 4, red Gibson SG.

Postby pricklyrobot » Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:22 pm

Here's everything you need to know. I followed these instructions for my Prophet-600, worked great.

http://www.oldcrows.net/~oldcrow/synth/ ... clean.html
Nord Mod G1 -- Arturia MiniBrute -- Sammich SID -- E-mu MP-7 -- Roland V-Synth, JV-1080 -- Korg ER-1 -- Thingamagoop -- 8 modules (and counting) o' Eurocrack
pricklyrobot
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Postby vanitypolice » Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:28 pm

Thanks this looks promising!
vanitypolice

Return to HELP!