Help with Novation Bass Station Rack

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Help with Novation Bass Station Rack

Postby pazu76 » Tue May 06, 2008 6:43 am

I have a bass station that I can no longer get sound from. Everything works fine. Midi responds and all seems to work but no sound from the outputs or phones. The volume knob is loose and I suspect it maybe has a bad pot but I don't really know and have gone to electronics stores and have received little help. The best I really got was that they would look at it and fix what was wrong but it could cost more then what it is worth. I think I could replace a pot on my own but I dont know where to get the part and I'm not sure that is what is wrong. It has been sitting here now for six months so I'm want to know what I should do with it. Anyone have any ideas for me? Thx in advance
Marty
pazu76

Advertisement:

Postby Spike Vincent » Wed May 07, 2008 12:10 pm

I'm far from an expert,but in my experience a dodgy volume pot would usually make at least some spluttery noises.Have you checked the physical connections to the outputs? You could always contact Novation directly.
Currently plugged in to the mixer :
Korg EA1,Korg MS10 and some shortwave radios.
Spike Vincent

Location: People's Republic of The Forest of Dean,and why isn't there a Welsh flag option?Eh?

Return to HELP!