So, I've had this SH3a for about 25 years, and it's spent the last 15 in storage. Pulled it out the other day, and it needs some loving care. Many of the pots and sliders are very noisy, crackling and sputtering. You can't get a smooth cutoff or resonance sweep, as they sort of jump from one level to the next. Similar with the LFO rate sliders.
In addition, some of the keys are dodgy - I get audio clicks from them, they sometimes retrigger the same note, or fail to trigger a note at all.
I'm presuming that this is all caused by dirty pots and contacts, and that it is possible to fix it by using some sort of spray contact cleaner. But I know nothing about repairing electronic equipment, so ...
1. Is my diagnosis correct - is it just a matter of cleaning the relevant pots, contacts, etc?
2. If so, what is the best product for cleaning the pots and contacts?
3. Can anyone give me step by step instructions on the best way to do it, or point me to a good guide for how to do it?
4. Am I insane to think of trying to do this myself?
5. Oh, and the relative keyboard tuning seems to have slipped (i.e. C3 is slightly out of tune with C4 and so on). Is there an easy way to adjust the individual tuning of each keyboard note?
Any assistance will be gratefully received