Warp Factory Vocoder Question

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Warp Factory Vocoder Question

Postby chamomileshark » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:51 pm

I've got a Warp Factory vocoder, I was thinking that as it has MIDI in, that MIDI in could be used to control the pitch of the onboard "Robot Pitch" oscillator. Doesn't seem to work.

Is it something I am doing wrong or can't it do that?

Ps, I am not vocoder man (although I have 5 vocoders)
chamomileshark

Gear: Wiard 300 Series Modular, Frac Modular, Roland SH2 + SH101 +U20, Yamaha DX9, Microwave 1, Roland SVC-350, Virus B, and too many soft synths

Advertisement:

Re: Warp Factory Vocoder Question

Postby Maschinengeist » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:29 pm

I'm not too familiar with it beside fixing it. The manual is here if you don't have it already: http://media.musicalplanet.com/pdf/ELX003.PDF
-------------------------------------------------------------------
MuzikElektronix.com
Music electronics repair & More
Help? See TechZone
Parts? email!
Service Manuals?+/-2000 documents!
Sorry, they aren't free
Now on FACEBOOK: "Muzik Elektronix"
Maschinengeist
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Multimeter
Frequency Counter
Oscilloscope
Signal Generator
Logic Probe
and more stuff
Band: Cybernetik

Postby pricklyrobot » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:15 am

I think you can change the Robot Pitch via a MIDI CC (never really used the Robot Pitch myself, after I got past the first day testing-out phase), but it won't track actual keyboard notes.

What are you trying to accomplish exactly; why not just plug the thing whose pitch you're trying to track straight into the WarpFactory? Or is this just some idle curiosity? ;)
Nord Mod G1 -- Arturia MiniBrute -- Sammich SID -- E-mu MP-7 -- Roland V-Synth, JV-1080 -- Korg ER-1 -- Thingamagoop -- 8 modules (and counting) o' Eurocrack
pricklyrobot
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Postby chamomileshark » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:13 am

thanks guys.

My interest is twofold, I thought "surely that would work?" and also to use the robot pitch tone.

I assume by "why not just plug the thing whose pitch you're trying to track straight into the WarpFactory? " you mean the normal vocoder mode of plugging in an external carrier?
chamomileshark

Gear: Wiard 300 Series Modular, Frac Modular, Roland SH2 + SH101 +U20, Yamaha DX9, Microwave 1, Roland SVC-350, Virus B, and too many soft synths

Postby pricklyrobot » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:21 pm

chamomileshark wrote:I assume by "why not just plug the thing whose pitch you're trying to track straight into the WarpFactory? " you mean the normal vocoder mode of plugging in an external carrier?
Yes, that's what I meant.

I understand the it's there so I may as well try to use it impulse regarding the Robot Pitch, but I never found it all that usable except when I was just messing around and too lazy to connect up a synth. It's a sound any synth could easily replicate, and the Robot Pitch is way louder than what comes from the external inputs, so it would be tricky to blend the two.
Nord Mod G1 -- Arturia MiniBrute -- Sammich SID -- E-mu MP-7 -- Roland V-Synth, JV-1080 -- Korg ER-1 -- Thingamagoop -- 8 modules (and counting) o' Eurocrack
pricklyrobot
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Postby chamomileshark » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:28 pm

Yes, I was being a bit lazy, I have the modular but that feels a bit like overkill and I can see me expirimenting so much nothing gets done.

But thanks for confirming it :)
chamomileshark

Return to HELP!