removing 4 wire clips from yamaha cs6x keybed

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

removing 4 wire clips from yamaha cs6x keybed

Postby man-009 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:06 am

i'm going to be replacing three keys on my yamaha cs6x synth. it's apart, but was not sure how to pop off the four wire white clips to take off the keybed? do i need a tool or just pry them off with my fingers? i know these are delicate and the pins must not get bent. i did try a bit with my fingers gently but it was a no go! suggestions or tips? thanks. i want to try to do this job myself.
man-009
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Band: Man-009

Advertisement:

Re: removing 4 wire clips from yamaha cs6x keybed

Postby man-009 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:51 am

well, i decided to go for it! went with my gut and it all went perfect! the clips came off with steady pressure and pulling at the same time with my fingers. the keys come off after you remove the long rubber strip that holds the back end of the keys in. then you just apply some pressure to the the rear of the key and they pop right off. a metal band flexes up and down to support the keys. it's attached under the keys..:) so simple after you dig in to see how it all works. my god shops charge an arm and a leg to do such a simple and fun removal and replacement! i saved myself some big bucks! $$$$. i was lucky and did not need any help in the end...:)
man-009
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Band: Man-009

Return to HELP!