Yamaha CS15 portamento problems

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Yamaha CS15 portamento problems

Postby slangking » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:49 pm

Hi everyone, I've been reading the forum for a while but this is my first post. I'm currently experiencing some trouble with a used Yamaha CS15 I picked up in pretty good condition not that long ago.

Basically, since I first got the synth, I've had issues with the portamento slider when set at zero. When I'm playing the synth, my key presses sometimes only re-trigger the last note played, and the only way to sound new notes is to continuously move or nudge the slider while pressing keys. However, when the slider is set a little higher, I have no problem playing different notes. This started off as an infrequent issue, but it's become more bothersome lately.

Is this simply an issue with the portamento or is there something more sinister at work? I have some general experience with electronics so I'm planning to open it up and have a look, but I thought I'd ask around before I end up using contact cleaner and potentially doing more harm than good.
slangking

Return to HELP!