Korg Prophecy In A Coma

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Korg Prophecy In A Coma

Postby Doci » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:13 am

So, earlier i backed up my prophecy to MIDI ox. Trying to load some new banks in with MIDI ox proved very problematic, ranging from nonsense text and crashing to doing nothing and so forth, but at least i could still go into global and do factory load.

Fast forward to a few minutes ago, trying to load someone's analog bank on to it, i knocked a key, the Prophetic Steps patch started playing then going absolutely schiz (should have sampled it really. Random pitches, noise and filters and bassy stuff) while the sysex was transferring (At input 256/output 128 in the config menu, which works fine and consistently with the M1 and X3), then it crashed, turned it on and off a few times, and it refuses to get past the [[[KORG PROPHECY]]] page, and the backlight is flickering. Turned it off because i don't want to nacker it even more.

Using a UC-33e as my MIDI interface.

Ta if anyone can help. If not, i probably have to take the battery out and put it back in, do i not?
Doci

Gear: Korg Prophecy, Korx X3, Korg M1R, UC-33e, Alesis Micron, Lvl. 12 Slowpoke, Dingus Egg
Band: Docipede

Advertisement:

Re: Korg Prophecy In A Coma

Postby Doci » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:37 am

Never mind, managed to rescue it by forcing another sysex bank into it in it's dormant state. Still, could someone else familiar with the prophecy give me the exact settings they use in MIDIOX/other programs for loading banks on to the prophecy please? Would be greatly appreciated.

Spoke too soon, it now looks like it's completely stuck (same thing as before) after trying again. I am an idiot. Think i'll leave it until i get advice :oops:
Doci

Gear: Korg Prophecy, Korx X3, Korg M1R, UC-33e, Alesis Micron, Lvl. 12 Slowpoke, Dingus Egg
Band: Docipede

Re: Korg Prophecy In A Coma

Postby tallowwaters » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:05 pm

Doci wrote:Ta if anyone can help. If not, i probably have to take the battery out and put it back in, do i not?

This was what I had to do a few times. The Prophecy does not play well sysex dumps.

My Prophecy would also alter sounds if I didn't turn it off before I powered down with the surge protector. Such a fickle beast.
Brains can be used like a "stress ball," but only once.
tallowwaters

Gear: synesthesia, venereal disease, obsessive compulsive disorder, manic depressive disorder, and sensitive skin.

Return to HELP!