Akai AX73 Programming Sounds

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Akai AX73 Programming Sounds

Postby Zigioman » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:05 pm

Hi everyone,
I was given a Akai X73 Analog Synthesizer by one of my neighbors, she knew I played piano and guitar and her son hadn't used it in a long time. I'm trying to get a 60's organ sound out of it, something like the Animals or the Doors. Her son edited the parameters of the various sounds and I'm trying to get the organ sound back. I am however a complete novice when it comes to Synthesizers and so I'm ignorant of how to get the sound. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Below is a link to the owners manual, Thank you for your help.

http://manuals.fdiskc.com/tree/Akai/Aka ... Manual.pdf
Zigioman

Advertisement:

Re: Akai AX73 Programming Sounds

Postby V301H » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:52 am

The Doors and Animals used a Vox Continental combo organ on their most famous recordings. Nord has a few models that do a precise replication of the Vox sound at considerable cost. In order to even come close to the Vox sound with an Analog Synth would require at least two oscillators per voice and then would only be capable of the simplest Vox-like sounds. Here is a free virtual Vox Continental simulation which will give you an idea of all the parameters involved in creating the Vox sound:
http://www.martinic.com/combov/
Prophet 5 rev.2, Juno 60, Jupiter 6, Matrix 12, OB8, CS70M, MS20, Pro-One, Poly 800, DX-7, CP35, Casio WK-3800, Hammond C3 and M102, Vox Continental and Super Continental, Gibson G101, Farfisa Compact, RMI 300A, Pianet N, Combo Pianet, S770, S760, S50
V301H

Gear: Fender The Strat, Stratocaster, Jazz Bass Rickenbacker 360-12, 320 Messenger(Mark Farner)
Band: The Characters

Return to HELP!