From FS Elka Synthex thread

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

From FS Elka Synthex thread

Postby rjd2 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:39 pm

hey, would you mind doing me a huge favor? sorry to pipe in here, but i see you have a synthex out with a tech, and seeing as how these instruments are so rare, it would be REALLY hugely helpful if you ask him just one simple question:

on the PSU, what size bypass caps are #1 and #2? on my synthex, they were 10,000uf. but the schematics read 1,000uf. i have found a few other mistakes in the schematics, so i really need to find another synthex to find out what they SHOULD be. thanks so much!

also, good luck with your sales.
rjd2

Advertisement:

Re: FS: Analog Synths for sale !Xpander,Synthex,Moog

Postby rjd2 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:33 pm

oh, and someone really needs to grab that rehabbed synthex-rare as hens teeth and a killer synth!!!
rjd2

Re: FS: Analog Synths for sale !Xpander,Synthex,Moog

Postby schmidtc » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:05 pm

Those caps come right off the rectifier to flatten the chopped AC signal to DC. Larger caps there will just give you less ripple into the 723. It does not matter if they are a larger value. Smaller capacitance is just cheaper, and that's why they're used in PSUs.
schmidtc

Return to HELP!