Moog Rogue slide pot replacement specs

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Moog Rogue slide pot replacement specs

Postby madphingers » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:36 pm

Another Moog Rogue question! I got inside and cleaned out the nightmare goo. What a task! And I would like to replace the sliders and most have gone pretty stiff. Instead of spending $50-75 on one of the kits from Tech Transplant or the likes (no disrespect, just have a short budget) I would like to see if I can order from Mouser or Digikey, but don't know all of the specs.

I have the service manual so know that I need the following:

5 Linear 10k slide pots (OSC 1, OSC 2, NOISE, CUTOFF, and AMT)
2 1M audio (ATTACK, DECAY)
1 50K audio (EMPHASIS)

And I am pretty sure they need to be 1/4 W (5% tolerance). The manual states: "unless otherwised noted, all resistors are 1/4W +/-5%

Does anyone know the following:

Size/Dimensions (I suppose I'll just open it up again and measure...)
Voltage Rating (Mouser shows either 200 or 250)
Operating Temperature

Digikey also asks for

Series
Adjustment type

Thanks in advance

jake
madphingers

Advertisement:

Re: Moog Rogue slide pot replacement specs

Postby Don T » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:16 am

madphingers wrote:Another Moog Rogue question! I got inside and cleaned out the nightmare goo. What a task! And I would like to replace the sliders and most have gone pretty stiff. Instead of spending $50-75 on one of the kits from Tech Transplant or the likes (no disrespect, just have a short budget) I would like to see if I can order from Mouser or Digikey, but don't know all of the specs.

I have the service manual so know that I need the following:

5 Linear 10k slide pots (OSC 1, OSC 2, NOISE, CUTOFF, and AMT)
2 1M audio (ATTACK, DECAY)
1 50K audio (EMPHASIS)

And I am pretty sure they need to be 1/4 W (5% tolerance). The manual states: "unless otherwised noted, all resistors are 1/4W +/-5%

Does anyone know the following:

Size/Dimensions (I suppose I'll just open it up again and measure...)
Voltage Rating (Mouser shows either 200 or 250)
Operating Temperature

Digikey also asks for

Series
Adjustment type

Thanks in advance

jake

I've been down this road before, only to find it a dead end. A 1M Audio slider is nearly impossible to find, in any configuration. Even if all new sliders could be found, they will likely cost more than the TT kit.

However, since you're on a budget do what I do: Take the slider apart, clean, re-lube and reassemble. Yes, it's tedious, but it isn't nearly as bad as removing the black goo from the outside. Plus, the price can't be beat!
Don Taylor

Master of no trades, practitioner of many.
(Basically, this means I know just enough about a lot of things to get myself in real trouble)
Don T
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Roland SH-09, Korg Polysix, Moog Rogue, Realistic MG-1, Paia Fatman, Korg Monotron, and of course, my main instrument: Trumpet!

Return to HELP!