Roland Edirol PCR500 vs Roland D110

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Roland Edirol PCR500 vs Roland D110

Postby cryabetes » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:36 am

So I'm utterly baffled by the D110's midi functionality. Looks like a lot of it is in SysEx/hexcode/gibberish. I'd like to ideally make a buttonmapping on the PCR500 I've got that more or less turns it into a PG10. Is this possible? Can anyone point me in the right direction as far as where to begin?

Or, even better, was someone else in the same boat and can shoot me the buttonmap they used? I just don't want to put on scuba gear every time I have to go menu-diving.
cryabetes

Gear: Electribe Army: EA-1mkII, ER-1mkII, EM-1, ESX-1
Band: Cody P & Sammy B

Advertisement:

Re: Roland Edirol PCR500 vs Roland D110

Postby tomashin » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:29 pm

As far as I know, Behringer BCR2000 rotary controller is capable of programming custom SysEx MIDI messages, it even has learn function that speeds up programming process (of the controller) so you can then use it to control the synth in real time. Many people use it with Juno, JX series synths, Rhodes Chroma and so on... It's fairly cheap and of reasonable quality, Daft Punk use it in their live set-up alongside with Jazzmutant lcd touch control surfaces to control their computers... I'm waiting for mine to arrive from thomann.de to use it on JX-8P and D-110.
tomashin

Return to HELP!