Roland JX3P, dead keys

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Re: Roland JX3P, dead keys

Postby Dr. Phibes » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:27 am

Still no joy after replacing IC26 and the adjacent long op-amp chip thingies that feed the channel VCAs. I realise that there may be 3 completely separate problems affecting the 3 voices, but considering that each have fallen foul of the very same malfunction I'm hoping that the problem can be traced to a single source.

I looking at the the other three 4051 multiplexers that send out various CVs, but I'm not sure. :?:
Dr. Phibes

Advertisement:

Re: Roland JX3P, dead keys

Postby alchemcialaudio » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:33 am

I just picked up a JX3p and am having strange issues with dead keys much like those described here. Even weirder is the note that responds as dead is different on the keyboard vs an external controller even if I play them at the same time, ie low C is dead on the jx but will play on the midi keyboard, so it is definitely not the keybed.

The pattern is always every seventh note, but if i go up the keyboard a couple octaves and then go back to the note I began on, different notes will be dead but still every seventh note.

The jx is pretty beat up, has one vcf filter removed, but if this were an issue i would expect every sixth note to be dead.

It sounds beautiful, I will need to replace two of the sliders, so for now I can't adjust anything other than brilliance...

Hope someone has some insight!
alchemcialaudio

Previous

Return to HELP!