Casio RZ-1 Faulty (Some sounds aren't working)

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Casio RZ-1 Faulty (Some sounds aren't working)

Postby Shufflehound » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:52 pm

I've just got a bargain on eBay. A Casio RZ-1 for £49!
But, the description of the item said that the 'continue start' button does not work.

I'm cool with that, but what I'm NOT cool with is that:-
Tom 1 and Kick doesn't work. (The bloke said that they'll work on a MIDI keyboard, but they didn't)
Claps/Ride's slider doesn't work that well. (I'm not that bothered about that.)

The person denied a lot of this, but he knew god damn well because I can tell the screws have already been undone once before. I can't complain too much as it was only £49.

What was odd it that once, the Kick and Tom 1 did work once, but the Hi-Hats didn't. Then, it swapped around again, and again. I turned it off and back on again, and it was back to normal (Kick and Tom 1 not working). So, I now know that the sound chips themselves aren't working, but something else. The Casio has had a quick check inside, and the dry joints were dealt with, but it's still not working.

If you have any idea on what's going on, please reply. Any advice is warmly welcome. Thanks in advance,

Shufflehound

(P.S. for the next few days, I'll be on holiday in Paris. If I don't reply, that's why.)
Shufflehound

Advertisement:

Re: Casio RZ-1 Faulty (Some sounds aren't working)

Postby Shufflehound » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:55 am

Anyone?
Shufflehound

Re: Casio RZ-1 Faulty (Some sounds aren't working)

Postby WhiteIsBeautiful » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:31 am

i have a rz-1 that acts up as well. some times i get no sound at all and the screen is blank. when that happens i found a "sweet spot" that i hit with my fist one time and it works like normal. other times tom 3 interferes with the bass drum. it was a while of me using it before this ever happened. i really love this drum machine and thinking about buying another one as well :D
WhiteIsBeautiful

Return to HELP!