Alesis Qs8 Old Keyboarfd

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Alesis Qs8 Old Keyboarfd

Postby wezeb » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:24 am

My church has a Alesis QS8 keyboard(It was donated). I just started playing on it an am trying to get a deep organ or good piano sound. There was no manual. I have worked with the settings but cannot get a deep rich sound. Does anyone have any advice on how to set the keys for this sound.14

4/1 - I have read the manual and attempted to set up a bank/patch so I get a church organ. The sound is horrible(too much base). Can someone walk me thru setting up a bank/patch of 2-025. Also how do you adjust the bass sound?
Thanks
Last edited by wezeb on Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
wezeb

Advertisement:

Re: Alesis Qs8 Old Keyboarfd

Postby rhino » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:48 am

Welcome to the board!

Download the manual here:
http://alesis.com/stuff/contentmgr/file ... manual.pdf

download the "patch list" also: The user bank may have been changed, but the 4 preset banks will still be there as listed.

This synth IS capable of great sounds. In the future, you might want to keep an eye on ebay for a "Sanctuary" sound-card. It has many more pipe organ samples and patches.

Until you get the hang of programming this old beast, read the manual about selecting "banks" and try these:
bank/patch 2-025
3-025, 3-026
4 - 019
user -025

EDIT: Are you using a guitar amp? Not a good choice for a keyboard. Try a bass amp at least, or a real keyboard amp.
"A thing may seem impossible...until it's done."
--Nelson Mandela
rhino
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: keepers:
Kurzweil K2500x
Ensoniq TS-12
Yamaha SY-99
Alesis QS-8
Roland JD-800
Roland JX-10
Akai AX-80
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DSS-1
Moog Mini
Fizmo

Re: Alesis Qs8 Old Keyboarfd

Postby wezeb » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:23 am

Thanks for the input. I will review the manual read about banks. I will also try to figure out how to do the set the samples you sent.
wezeb

Return to HELP!