Sequential Circuits Sixtrak fault

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Sequential Circuits Sixtrak fault

Postby HansJoachimRoedelius » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:12 am

My Sixtrak only transmits audio in the left channel. Presumably this is very simple to fix - if I move the audio cables around inside the jack I can get both channels so I'd imagine it's merely a matter replacing the output . I was wondering if anyone on here might know where I could take the synth to be fixed in London or at least how much I should expect to pay for this operation.

I only ask because I'm looking to sell the thing, so if anyone wants to buy the Sixtrak and fix it themselves please message.

thanks
HansJoachimRoedelius

Advertisement:

Re: Sequential Circuits Sixtrak fault

Postby HideawayStudio » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:03 pm

HansJoachimRoedelius wrote:My Sixtrak only transmits audio in the left channel. Presumably this is very simple to fix - if I move the audio cables around inside the jack I can get both channels so I'd imagine it's merely a matter replacing the output . I was wondering if anyone on here might know where I could take the synth to be fixed in London or at least how much I should expect to pay for this operation.

I only ask because I'm looking to sell the thing, so if anyone wants to buy the Sixtrak and fix it themselves please message.

thanks

The SCI six-trak is very much a mono instrument... although the socket is a stereo one (with the tip and ring hooked up to the same audio output via limiting resistors) you'd be much better placed to use a mono jack in the socket and pan to the centre on your mixer.
H.I.D.E.A.W.A.Y S.T.U.D.I.O
http://www.hideawaystudio.co.uk
The Home of Novachord #346
http://www.novachord.co.uk
HideawayStudio
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: 163 tubes in a large wooden box!
Band: Hideaway Studio

Re: Sequential Circuits Sixtrak fault

Postby natere2ster » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:22 am

The audio output is mono. Us a 1/4" TS cable.
natere2ster

Gear: Waldorf Q
SCI Drumtraks
SCI 6 trak
Korg Poly 6
Korg Poly 800 mkI
Roland Juno 106 x 2
Ensoniq ESQ-1
Casio CZ-1000
Eurorack modular odds & ends
Band: Moe Green

Return to HELP!