Got a great deal on a 'for parts or not working' Omni MK1. The previous owner's complaint was a broken slider and 'stuck notes.'
So it came in today, I fired it up, and sure enough there's got to be 4-5 notes constantly sounding. I noticed that its a J-wire keybed - ah ha - I've dealt with these before, it must be some stuck j-wires. Well, there was one, but I fixed it and everything else looks hunky dory. I plug the ribbons back in (theres 4 running from the keybed to the voice boards), and viola, no triggered notes! Until I touch a key. Bam, stuck notes come back.
I experimented with pulling the ribbons, and discovered that when the ribbon farthest to the left gets unplugged, the stuck notes fade away, like a super long release setting. When I plug it back in, nothing. Until I hit a key. Any key, high or low. Then the same group of stuck notes fades back in. Manipulating parameters doesn't seem to change anything, other than changing the voice sounds.
As it sits now, all of the sliders need to be pulled, taken apart, cleaned and lubed. Since that needs to be done regardless, I'm going to start there. Everything else component wise visually looks ok, no burnouts or leaks, etc.