Kawai K1 Organ Programming

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Kawai K1 Organ Programming

Postby wilsonsk » Sat May 10, 2014 2:39 am

Hi,

I just picked up a Kawai K1 for nothing. It works, but I'm COMPLETELY in the dark on how to program it. I want to make this into a dedicated back-up organ, but I need some major help on programming, the couple of organ sounds that are programmed in it sound great, I need to learn how to change leslie speeds and program a few more drawbar settings. Can someone give me some pointers?

Thanks,

Steve
wilsonsk

Advertisement:

Re: Kawai K1 Organ Programming

Postby sounddoctorin » Sat May 10, 2014 6:54 am

it's pretty easy once you get the hang of things. In the edit you can go to the a, b, c, d edit groups as I recall . On the 8 patch number buttons you can mute any of the 4 oscillators/samples by pressing it and then re-press it to get it back on one side and the other is the select as I recall so that you can edit the current displayed function on that patch. You just keep hitting buttons to toggle through the options under that menu. (A, b, c or d). Give it a whirl using the yes/no keys to inc. and dec values as I recall
sounddoctorin

Re: Kawai K1 Organ Programming

Postby wilsonsk » Sat May 10, 2014 5:32 pm

Thanks for the response, I'm going to try to narrow the scope of getting to know this.

Here is the setting I currently have:

SINGLE
IB-5 Jazz Organ

It sounds awesome, has the Leslie simulation in slow speed.

The first thing I would like to do is to be able to have fast and slow Leslie, preferably control by the foot pedal.

How would I accomplish this?

Thanks!

Steve
wilsonsk

Return to HELP!