Novation Nova 2 voice expansion help

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Novation Nova 2 voice expansion help

Postby rob_lee » Tue May 13, 2014 12:17 pm

I just invested in another Novation Nova II X 24 voice keyboard.. it's not here yet but i can't remember if the 24 voice version had 2x12 voice boards inside or 1x24 voice board. Does anyone know? I'm asking cause if it just has the 24 voice board inside i'd like to try and get hold of the 12 voice expansion card to make it like my old 36 voice XL model i had a couple of years ago. I did e-mail Novation but no reply. Could anyone help me out here and also are these voice expansions available direct from Novation? As i say iv'e e-mailed them days ago but no reply so i'm asking here.

Cheers

Rob
rob_lee
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: The field “Gear” is too long, a maximum of 150 characters is allowed.
Band: Rob Lee

Advertisement:

Re: Novation Nova 2 voice expansion help

Postby meatballfulton » Tue May 13, 2014 2:24 pm

I'd be surprised if you can still get expansions from Novation.

I saw one on eBay the other day for $500+ :shock:
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.
meatballfulton

Gear: Motif XF6, Evolver, Live 9

Postby rob_lee » Tue May 13, 2014 2:47 pm

meatballfulton wrote:I'd be surprised if you can still get expansions from Novation.

I saw one on eBay the other day for $500+ :shock:

Yeah lol i saw that one.. hehe i might as well just grab a broken 12 voice keyboard (seen one the other day) and take the board out and stick it in mine.
The reason i asked is cause i was doing a search and seen a guy quote.

Just wondered where he got it. The way i took it was as if Novation had them still hehe

Rob
rob_lee
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Postby rob_lee » Wed May 14, 2014 5:31 pm

Hmm i'm confused about a part of the manual here. Currently i have the Novation Nova II X which has 24 voices BUT the manual states this below:

12 VOICE EXPANSION BOARD (For standard Nova II models & Nova II X only)

12 Voices. This can be fitted to the Nova II keyboard. There is no point in adding this to the Nova II X keyboard as the 12 voice expander card is already fitted.

24 VOICE EXPANSION BOARD (For standard Nova II models and Nova II X only)

24 Voices. This can be fitted to the Nova II keyboard and Nova II X keyboard. If fitted to the Nova II X keyboard the 12 voice expander card must be discarded and this one installed in its place. Once installed the polyphony will be 48 voices.

Hmm i don't get that part. So if i have the 24 voice version it means it has 2x12 voice cards fitted which means if i discard one of the 12 voice expansions and add the new 24 voice expansion then i'm left with 36 voices and not 48 voices unless i'm reading this wrong. Does anyone have any idea of what the manual is saying here or is it a misprint? I ask as i still haven't heard from Novation after 5 days.

Cheers

Rob
rob_lee
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Return to HELP!