Waldorf Microwave - dumping sounds to Midi

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Waldorf Microwave - dumping sounds to Midi

Postby chamomileshark » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:15 pm

hi all, forgive the really basic question - I'm really not very knowledgable re midi.

I'm trying to dump the sounds from my microwave onto my PC as a midi file. I know I've done it before but since then I've changed computer, audio interface, DAW - more or less everything.

I have the Waldorf Microwave Midi out connected to the Midi in of a Focusrite Scarlett audio/midi interface.

I have a Cubase midi track set up with inputs as "All midi inputs" - the channel is set to "Any MIdi Channel". (I also tried the midi input as "Scarlett" and the Midi chanel as 1.)

I hit "record" on cubase 7 for the midi track.

I have the Waldorf at "Dump all sounds" and hit ok. It says "Transmitting" - after a few minutes it goes back to it's previous display. That's as per the manual.

I stop record in Cubase 7 and the track disappears - that means no midi data was recorded.

I really don't know what I've done wrong, any suggestions?

Solved: Cubase has a Sysex midi filter set as default.
chamomileshark

Gear: Wiard 300 Series Modular, Frac Modular, Roland SH2 + SH101 +U20, Yamaha DX9, Microwave 1, Roland SVC-350, Virus B, and too many soft synths

Return to HELP!