Yamaha RS7000 Price Estimation - Please Help!

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Yamaha RS7000 Price Estimation - Please Help!

Postby Solarsoul » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:18 am

Hi Guys,

Curious how much a Yamaha RS7000 in used condition would go for.
I have no Idea how to price it.
I like to sell it for a reasonable price, but first I need to define what is reasonable.
Can you guys perhaps help with this, I have not experience with selling gear.
This will include the original Yamaha RS7000 Storage Case.

Best regards,
Solar
Solarsoul

Advertisement:

Re: Yamaha RS7000 Price Estimation - Please Help!

Postby Zamise » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:02 am

Around $500 US is probably average for one in excellent condition and full 64 meg expanded memory. If worn out a bit or no memory $400. Maybe an extra $30 to $70 if comes with a good SM card. If the AIEB2 card is included add an extra $100. AIEB2 separate like new in box $200 to $300 maybe card and cable no box if works maybe $150. The card seems fetch more $$$ when separate if you've got one in yours and are looking to maximize your money out of it. However, might be a nice selling point to include it and cut them a break if you know it is going to good home. If sold in UK, EU, AU the AIEB2 cards seem to be quite a bit more expensive, maybe almost double the price, can cost almost as much as the RS without one.
Zamise
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: P00
Band: Quantum-Source

Re: Yamaha RS7000 Price Estimation - Please Help!

Postby meatballfulton » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:02 pm

I'd agree $500 is a good starting point for the RS, whether you'll get it depends on demand. Groovebox prices seem to be all over the place these days.

When I sold my Motif ES, I parted out the AIEB2 for $200 (no box). SM cards on their own I'm seeing on eBay for $40-50.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.
meatballfulton

Gear: Motif XF6, Evolver, Live 9

Return to HELP!