Casio CZ-3000 MIDI Question

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Casio CZ-3000 MIDI Question

Postby petey_kid » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:55 am

I was given this synth as a gift, I've been noodling around with it and most recently trying to use it with FL 12 on Windows 10, but I'm having trouble getting any MIDI in to the PC at all. I'm running it through one of those little mio iConnectivity cables, which MIDI-OX recognizes but I get no data readings from the synth. Can anyone advise me on this? Sorry, I'm pretty much a dolt with this stuff.
petey_kid

Re: Casio CZ-3000 MIDI Question

Postby High_Treason » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:32 am

This stuff is all after my time, so I have no idea how FL Studio works, having only borrowed it and used it once before I went back to where I came from. Supposedly though, there should be an Options menu with MIDI settings in it, you can set the input to your, presumably, USB-MIDI wire there.

Be sure you have the MIDI IN cable connected to MIDI OUT on the keyboard and that you set the channel in the keyboard's MIDI page correctly, KBCH is the one for output. Past that you're probably using VST's or something and you might need to set them individually, I've no real experience there either so can't really help on that one.

There is another thing, try power cycling the keyboard - sometimes an application sets it to "remote control" so the keyboard on it won't work anymore, it is easier to power cycle the instrument if you don't have quick access to the controllers to set it back. Cakewalk 9 does this to any synth I hook up and it's annoying... Mostly as I'm sure it can be disabled but I can't be bothered to look in the menus, not that this helps you any in FL 12, but the same thing might be happening I guess.
High_Treason

Gear: Casio CZ-1, CZ-5000, RZ-1.
Yamaha MU90R, SW1000XG.
Korg O1R/W
Roland SCC-1

Re: Casio CZ-3000 MIDI Question

Postby petey_kid » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:21 am

Can't believe it was a simple as power cycling the keyboard, slightly embarrassed but it's outweighed by relief that its working. Thanks dog, I'm gonna go play in my new sandbox now. :D
petey_kid

Return to HELP!