New toy, Radikal Technologies Spectralis demo i made

Come here for topics reviewing and sharing songs, tracks, music, synth demos, etc.

New toy, Radikal Technologies Spectralis demo i made

Postby n3wt15 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:28 am

I picked up a radikal technologies spectralis not too long ago, and besides the learning curve, and a few things that the machine can not do as of yet because of an incomplete Operating system (which will be fixed in os 1.0) the thing is a dream machine, and i cant wait to incorperate as a staple of my live set.

I have basically just been playing around with it, reading the manual along side just to learn the features of it so far, so I havent written a whole lot with it, but I thought I would post a little clip of something I have been working on to give some people an idea of what it sounds like, and an idea of some new material I have been working on.

Its a remix of a song from my band Kryszt, http://www.kryszt.com/audio/n3wt_speckie_demo.mp3, which was made in one take using the spectralis alone.

if your interested in checking out the actual unit, here the manufactures website
http://www.spectralis.de/english/english.html
n3wt15

Gear: a never ending cycle of ins and outs
Band: Armageddon Party

Advertisement:

Postby TrondC » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:22 pm

nice! :) you put it to good use :) how much is it?
TrondC
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Machinedrum UW & Monomachine Mk2's
Korg KP3 & Zero 4
Band: Siesta Submarina

Postby Zamise » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:53 pm

I've got one, did a song or two a while back, your song makes me want to get back on it, it is a tough learn tho don't like having to relearn it everytime too, but its great with making a simple songs sound awesomely amazing. Been using it more to send route other synths through its filter bank, sort of like using it more as a EQ. The 4 OSC "Analog" mono synth part blows me away. I swear one time I was playing it outside, and my crazy neighbors came over yelling "What the hell is that? I thought the aliens where landing over here!"

Yeah, it'd be nice if Jourge' or however he spells his name, great guy, finishes the OS, but its still pretty awesome as it is... did notice, yours mp3 is kind of soft, not that loud too, you have it turned all the way up on that? I wish mine had a little louder outputs, not that I can't amp it up, but it just has to be all the way when the rest of everything else is at half or less.

Anyhow, keep at it, sounds like your already doing pretty well with it. It was a nice listen, and inspiring me to get back on mine.

Zam
Zamise
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: P00
Band: Quantum-Source

Postby n3wt15 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:42 pm

i picked mine up from novamusik.com for $1999, and was a little nervous doing so because i havent heard or read a ton of reviews on it...just went with my gut feeling....it was either this or the v synth GT, which then i found out that the GT isnt multitimbral, so i decided on this

the learning curve is hard, theres still a bunch of features i havent really played around with much....i basically wanted to learn how to write with it before anything so i can start using it asap

i wouldnt say the sequencer is very different then others, its just layed out different, and has very in debth editing...which i think between the two is where the learning curve comes from

as far as the volume being too quite, i dont think its the spectralis's fault, but the way i mixed it....for some reason my songs are always quite in the final mix....

glad you guys enjoy the track though :-)
n3wt15

Gear: a never ending cycle of ins and outs
Band: Armageddon Party

Return to The Listening Lounge